600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

having a hardtime picking a slipon..

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having a hardtime picking a slipon..

first of all i dont know if i want a standard mount of a high mount.... this whole time i thought a standard is plenty good enough for me..... but yesterday... i did take a lean really low and manager to scrape the edge of my stock pipe... should i be worried?... i do wish to go do track days with this bike later on down the road... *never been to one*

next is the brand... what im looking for in a slipon... is first off the sound... i want something differnt... racey... but not obnoxiously loud like D&D and YOshi... i dont want to get a headache from the constant drone of the of pipe on the highways and what not..... i have heard akrapovics and hindles... and like their sounds so far.... i heard a two brothers on a 1000rr and it was loud... too loud..... so far i have names like... Akrapovic , Micron , Hindle , Jardine and anything else... choose from... next thing i want is a bit of power/smoothness... im not looking for insane amounts because it is impossible.... but something noticable... not in numbers... but in feel *if you know what i mean*.... i heard akrapovics are the best when it comes to that....and microns...

then comes looks.... i have a yellow and black 2000 f4. dont know if i need titanium.. or carbon fibre... or microns yellow to black fade...

---

just help me make up my mind... thank you... everything is appreciated.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Default RE: having a hardtime picking a slipon..

www.devilbikes.com

Old 04-16-2007, 02:42 PM

umm ok... wanna add to that?... reasoning?... personal reviwes... etc.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

devil is loud and deep...much louder than akra...but you get in the high RPMs, the akra is SCREAMING...pretty high pitched...like a race bike.

as for power and smoothness...they are all about the same...smoothness you actually get by getting a PCIII, which is a piggy back system to control for fuel, will help smooth out the bike.

yosh is probably by far the quietest...

Old 04-16-2007, 05:48 PM

hmm...

i dont think i would mind the high pitch screaming... as long as its not a loud drone at highway speeds.... which would drive me crazy..... but... from your description... the devil might just be that
--

ok.. so anywords on the micron?... and should i get highmount of standard mount?

Old 04-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

standard mount is really no problem as far as scraping since the pipes are abit smaller than stock.
high mouts do look a bit better...but have too big of bends IMO.

the akra is nice and high and won't hit anything as long as you install it correctly (i had it backwards and scraped the **** out of the midpipe, though it is a standard mount...but still much higher than stock.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:56 AM

d&d I got one and its not too loud like everyone says. It gives the bike a nice tone.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

standard mount is really no problem as far as scraping since the pipes are abit smaller than stock.
high mouts do look a bit better...but have too big of bends IMO.

the akra is nice and high and won't hit anything as long as you install it correctly (i had it backwards and scraped the **** out of the midpipe, though it is a standard mount...but still much higher than stock.

http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/akra%20f4%20s.o.htm

^ is that the kind that you have?..... also... do you have any pics of it on your bike?... and once you have properly mounted it... you havent scraped what so ever?.... even at the tracks?
---

and is this true... if you have a highmount... there might be issues with adjustable rear-sets?....

Old 04-20-2007, 12:49 AM

I just installed a carbon fiber Devil SB2 high- mount on my 01 F4i two days ago. It sounds absolutely amazing, but is probably louder than you would want for a standard commute. I love the tone, but it definitely will draw attention if that is something you are trying to avoid. The throttle feels quite a bit more responsive. Its been raining intermittently here, so i haven't had a chance to really take it out and flog it to see any power difference. It looks like pure sex though. =) Especially on my red and white color scheme. Hope that helps!

Old 04-23-2007, 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Pentaxis

I just installed a carbon fiber Devil SB2 high- mount on my 01 F4i two days ago. It sounds absolutely amazing, but is probably louder than you would want for a standard commute. I love the tone, but it definitely will draw attention if that is something you are trying to avoid. The throttle feels quite a bit more responsive. Its been raining intermittently here, so i haven't had a chance to really take it out and flog it to see any power difference. It looks like pure sex though. =) Especially on my red and white color scheme. Hope that helps!
what about feet placement?... my friend has a jardine highmount on his f4i... and it bothers him a little bit... because he used to place the front of his foot on the pegs and the mid and heal of his foot would hit the mid pipe of the highmount... and if he ever got rearsets ... it would be even bigger of a problem.

Quick Reply: having a hardtime picking a slipon..