600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Handmade fender Eliminator

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handmade fender Eliminator

anyone know if anyone has tried to make a handmade fender eliminator? from parts that can be purchased from home depot or automotive place?

Old 01-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Default RE: Handmade fender Eliminator

A FE is not that hard of a thing to do, depending on how comfortable you are grinding and cutting stuff. Depends a lot on what model you are doing it on also. Try a search on the subjest and see what you come up with.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:12 AM

im doing it on an 05 honda cbr 600rr

Old 01-04-2008, 02:28 PM

I did the same thing on my 05 cbr 600rr, and i didnt have to buy anything, I used parts off of the oem taillight plate holder,

Old 01-04-2008, 07:42 PM

ORIGINAL: cbrchuks

I did the same thing on my 05 cbr 600rr, and i didnt have to buy anything, I used parts off of the oem taillight plate holder,
got any pics? how did you do it!?

Old 01-04-2008, 08:01 PM

Search for Blue Fox's "Raccoon Tail" I believe it should be in the How To section.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:35 AM

here is what I did with part that can be purchased from your local hardware store..
I made a metal bracket out of sheet metal and painted it flat black with Krylon. I used a 1/4" drill bit for the holes.

Loosen the allen bolt holding the exhaust pipe clamp. Slip the zip-tie and the "Tab" between the exhaust pipe clamp and the pipe. Tighten and trim the Zip-tie.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:54 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made my own using the stock fender, a belt sander and some paint. Though, I purchased a tag bracket instead of making my own........it only cost $30 bucks though.

Name:  mountain-07.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  169.3 KB

Name:  rizomaflush008.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  86.0 KB

Old 01-05-2008, 01:04 AM

unfortunately i dont have pics at this time but it was really simple, i took the stock stuff off, and there should be a metal bracket that the plate and frame bolt to, it should have two legs off the top of it that have bolt pegs, bolt the plate to the bracket, there will be some excess metal on either side of the plate that i cutflush with the platefor looks, i bent the legs on top of themselves so that the pegs were stickin straight up. I positioned it unter my battery box, i drilled two holes into the plastic battery box and re used the nuts from the old setup to secure it,all i had two buy is a led liscence plate light that bolts rite into one of the holes on the plate, (about 10 bucks). Ive had it on my bike for about 2 years and it works great.Ill try and get pics up soon.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:54 AM

ORIGINAL: cbrchuks

unfortunately i dont have pics at this time but it was really simple, i took the stock stuff off, and there should be a metal bracket that the plate and frame bolt to, it should have two legs off the top of it that have bolt pegs, bolt the plate to the bracket, there will be some excess metal on either side of the plate that i cutflush with the platefor looks, i bent the legs on top of themselves so that the pegs were stickin straight up. I positioned it unter my battery box, i drilled two holes into the plastic battery box and re used the nuts from the old setup to secure it,all i had two buy is a led liscence plate light that bolts rite into one of the holes on the plate, (about 10 bucks). Ive had it on my bike for about 2 years and it works great.Ill try and get pics up soon.
I think I can picture what you did!

Quick Reply: Handmade fender Eliminator