600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

full exhaust, power commander, 520 kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default full exhaust, power commander, 520 kit

hello, im new on here and im doing a few mods to my 08 cbr600rr, im getting a full yoshimura rs-5 exhaust, power commander and 520 chain and sprockets going -1 in the front and +2 in the rear, what kind of difference might i be looking at over stock

Old 01-20-2010, 05:00 PM

maybe 5hp

Old 01-29-2010, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by brveagle
maybe 5hp

Really? If that's correct why in the world would anyone spend all that money for 5 measly horsepower. At that point, it'd be much easier to just sell the bike and get the 1000RR.....

Old 01-29-2010, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by brveagle
maybe 5hp
thats about right, maybe a bit better with a tune

Originally Posted by tundra
Really? If that's correct why in the world would anyone spend all that money for 5 measly horsepower. At that point, it'd be much easier to just sell the bike and get the 1000RR.....
You are an idiot, who should refrain from interjecting, if you are just going to spew idiocy. The main reason behind a full exhaust is to shed wieght, and gain a bit of horse power. but mainly to shed wieght. so at what point is it much easier to just sell the 1krr and get a busa. there are very few people on this planet that will ever ride a 600 to it's potential, and from your idiotic remarks you are not one of them. so please lose the rr and go get a stretched busa.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:08 PM
July 2010 ROTM

to get big hp you need big displacement

Old 01-30-2010, 11:13 AM

i agree with the whole no replacement for displacement, but i got all this done for free cus my bike fell over perfectly and got scratched in all the right places, fixed the scratches and everything you see for FREE, gotta love insurance and i have a 600 based on i love the look of my bike and its fun, i had a busa at one point, its fast and comfortable but it wasnt as fun, i plan on upgrading to a 1k sooner or later but right now, im in it to have fun and ride

Old 01-30-2010, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by oakasrtheshiz
thats about right, maybe a bit better with a tune

You are an idiot, who should refrain from interjecting, if you are just going to spew idiocy. The main reason behind a full exhaust is to shed wieght, and gain a bit of horse power. but mainly to shed wieght. so at what point is it much easier to just sell the 1krr and get a busa. there are very few people on this planet that will ever ride a 600 to it's potential, and from your idiotic remarks you are not one of them. so please lose the rr and go get a stretched busa.

Alrightey - well look what we have here, an internet thug. You're making me shiver in my boots due to your 'crazy l33t skillz y0'.

If you're going to call me an idiot based on a one sentence general statement, you can at least spell weight correctly.....

Old 01-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Default i agree

i have a 2008 600rr with a two brothers slip on, with a juice box, and i eat up the competion on the dan ryan and lake shore drive all day long[make sure u have the diablo super corsa race tire] and a 600rr , holding on to the throttle, and in the curves is awsome,, so what the hell is a busa going to do[ and i had an 02 f4i, and 06 600rr, and they were botyh great, and the weight is unbelivable, i just couldn't imagine riding the 1000rr and pushing it thru the curves, as lon as it's 2am, and open, and if any one needs to know just change the rear sproket from a 42 to the 43 and it will help

Old 01-31-2010, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by julius1
i have a 2008 600rr with a two brothers slip on, with a juice box, and i eat up the competion on the dan ryan and lake shore drive all day long[make sure u have the diablo super corsa race tire] and a 600rr , holding on to the throttle, and in the curves is awsome,, so what the hell is a busa going to do[ and i had an 02 f4i, and 06 600rr, and they were botyh great, and the weight is unbelivable, i just couldn't imagine riding the 1000rr and pushing it thru the curves, as lon as it's 2am, and open, and if any one needs to know just change the rear sproket from a 42 to the 43 and it will help
I agree with you bro, I've driven plenty of liter bikes and its allways more fun on the 600. There much lighter and have plenty of power. Johnny

Old 02-03-2010, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by tundra
Alrightey - well look what we have here, an internet thug. You're making me shiver in my boots due to your 'crazy l33t skillz y0'.

If you're going to call me an idiot based on a one sentence general statement, you can at least spell weight correctly.....
you caught me, i am definitely an internet thug. or you just spew idiocy and got your feelers hurt when called on it..which ever you chose to believe..lol you may want to google my occupation prior to spewing more ignorance about me being an "internet thug"

Quick Reply: full exhaust, power commander, 520 kit