600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Embarassed to ask

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Embarassed to ask

It's the best investment you can make. I just put mine on the other day and it wasnt to hard using the putty method. came out perfect. only took about an hour too.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Banned

My 06 was down once, before sliders...wish I had them...was going slow...still wish I had them...got them now...hope I stay up...wish I had them then...get it...get them...now...

Old 07-14-2006, 05:11 PM

Put mine on a week or two ago, just took a couple hours(most of that spent being a puss about it not wanting to drill out the fairings but they came out nice, and hopefully I won't need to use them but if I do they're there...

As far as the swingarm sliders, is there a place on the 99 f4's for those to mount into or do you have to have tabs welded and tapped?

Jason

Old 07-15-2006, 02:16 AM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

i use vortex sliders and have crash tested them several times, they are awesome
any delrin sliders other than the no-cut ones will be fine (no cut sliders are crap, don't even go there)
+1 on the "no cut sliders are crap, don't even go there" he is right
If I were you Lowcash I would put a crash cage with sliders, it'll protect your bike better than just sliders IMO
Also get someone to weld some sliders (spools) for your swing arm, there's a website that does that for you if you buy their spools I don't recall the name though[sm=imsorry.gif]

Old 07-15-2006, 07:55 PM

sliders are a good mod for new riders because, chances are you will drop it. they're there to protect your plastics and stuff like your bar ends. i dont have them on mine, IMO i think they're ugly.

Old 07-20-2006, 06:44 AM

hey guys im not dead (yet) thanks for the input. if you come up with the name of that company for the spools lemme know. In regards to the cage. i heard they are ugly as sin.. any pictures?

Old 07-20-2006, 12:00 PM

saw one on a R1 lastnight that looked fine, but I'm not sure what brand it was...

Anything looks better than cracked plastic right?

Old 07-21-2006, 03:28 AM

Yes frame sliders are a good bang for the buck!!!
But never think that ur goin to drop or wipe out on ur bike thats the way i put it and im only 17 120 pounds lol ridin for 2 years and nothin has happin to me.
also dont go with the no cut sliders
best luck

Old 07-21-2006, 10:30 AM

There are 3 posts here (at least) saying that NO-CUT sliders are crap, but absolutely NO explanation why. WHAT makes a no cut slider worse than the standard ones?

As far as I can tell, they just have a deeper "mounting peg" that goes to the base of one of the engine bolts, whereas the standards have a wide base section (and therefore require cutting of the fairing).

Can anyone explain exactly why no-cut frame sliders are inferior???
Thanks!

Old 07-21-2006, 03:08 PM

i have no cut sliders and when i went down it snapped the bolt and broke off and i was only going about 15 mph atleast it took the blunt of the fall and all i got were some scratches on my stator cover and fairing

Quick Reply: Embarassed to ask