600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

2012 CBR600RR Black edition stock exhaust question

Old 03-14-2018, 07:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 CBR600RR Black edition stock exhaust question

Hi All,
I have a quick question to ask. I have the black edition CBR600RR and currently dont want to spend £300-£400 on a slip on as I am saving to buy a Toce system. However the stock exhaust is far too quiet. There has been many times where cars have cut me up or nearly hit me because they dont "see/hear" me. So to fix this i saw online that with the older model CBR600RR's people were drilling the OEM exhaust. Is this still possible to do and has anyone done it. Is it worth doing or does it only make it slightly louder. A step by step guide would be amazing if anyone could help!

Thanks,
Leo

Old 03-27-2018, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man,
You can have a train whistle blowing 24/7 and a glowing yellow bike molested with LEDs and they still won't hear/see you. I'd say save for the slip on and just move to the middle of the lane or open the throttle when someone merges into you. We can fix through easily. People turning in front of me is where I end up having a problem. Maybe look on ebay or CL and find a cheaper toce.