CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/)
-   -   Comfortable seat (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/comfortable-seat-121393/)

brody1124 02-19-2011 12:35 AM

Comfortable seat

I know this has been asked a few times, but I would like some fresh input. Righ tnow I am looking for a comfortable seat which is better than the stock one. The reason is that a few of us this summer are going for a 1500 mile ride this summer.

I have been looking at seats and come up with the Corbin and the Saddlemen seats. I was wondering what are the pros and cons of them. I know that the Corbin is a stiff seat, but I don't know of anyone who has a Saddleman. Any help would be useful and appreciated.

Aslo from the pictures it looks like the corbin actuall is a wider seat than the OEM and hangs over the edge of the bike. Is it actually that wide?

billetproof97 02-19-2011 01:15 AM

I see alot of guys on here with corbins and they like them. They say their better than the factory seat

Junior2552 02-19-2011 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by brody1124 (Post 1016476)
I know this has been asked a few times, but I would like some fresh input. Righ tnow I am looking for a comfortable seat which is better than the stock one. The reason is that a few of us this summer are going for a 1500 mile ride this summer.

I have been looking at seats and come up with the Corbin and the Saddlemen seats. I was wondering what are the pros and cons of them. I know that the Corbin is a stiff seat, but I don't know of anyone who has a Saddleman. Any help would be useful and appreciated.

Aslo from the pictures it looks like the corbin actuall is a wider seat than the OEM and hangs over the edge of the bike. Is it actually that wide?

Corbin seats are pretty stiff, but they're a supportive stiff. The seat is as wide as it looks, to support the rest of your...backside. They're also slightly bucketed so you are in a comfortable spot on the seat. Do you know anybody with a Corbin? Maybe you could try one out?

gotcbr 02-19-2011 12:37 PM

I guess I'll be the first one in your thread to suggest that you modify your own seat & save the money to use on your trip. ;-)

I've redone a few seats & its relatively easy. For the type of seat you're looking for, all you need is some memory foam or similar. Shape to fit seat & recover w/ new marine vinyl. Marine Vinyl is available at any quality cloth/linen shop like Joann's or local upholstery shop.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

brody1124 02-20-2011 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Junior2552 (Post 1016518)
Corbin seats are pretty stiff, but they're a supportive stiff. The seat is as wide as it looks, to support the rest of your...backside. They're also slightly bucketed so you are in a comfortable spot on the seat. Do you know anybody with a Corbin? Maybe you could try one out?

Thats the problem. I don't know of anyone who has an aftermarket seat. Most of my friends ride Harleys and they either have the OEM seat or a Harley seat. I have even gone to the dealerships and depending on who you talk to , they each recommend a different seat.