CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/)
-   -   CBR600F2 Cam chain tensioner - Hornet? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/cbr600f2-cam-chain-tensioner-hornet-131402/)

rufusw5 10-08-2011 04:57 AM

CBR600F2 Cam chain tensioner - Hornet?

My brother has a hornet, which as far as i know has more or less the same engine as my CBR600F2 (94), but the Cam chain Tensioner (CCT) is different... My chain has a bit of a habbit of rattling when idling in traffic for a while, especially when warm, the tensioner just doesn't seem to hold it's prime.

I replaced the CCT, no change.

I was thinking - the hornet CCT - will it fit? Are they any better?

I'm planning to try it, just wondered if anyone else had...

I have a feeling the oil pressure's probably a bit low at idle, my bike's done 43k so it's no spring chicken, but it doesn't use any oil and still goes like it should so it's got life left in it yet... Just don't want the loose camchain eating the guides!!

Realistically speaking a manual CCT is probably the way to go.. but the hydraulic ones need no adjustment....!

Appreciate your thoughts....

itlnF4I 10-08-2011 05:11 AM

manual cct, last one youll ever buy.

rufusw5 10-09-2011 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by itlnF4I (Post 1105184)
manual cct, last one youll ever buy.

Cheers, i think i'll go with that!

Bobthebiker 10-12-2011 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by rufusw5 (Post 1105181)
My brother has a hornet, which as far as i know has more or less the same engine as my CBR600F2 (94), but the Cam chain Tensioner (CCT) is different... My chain has a bit of a habbit of rattling when idling in traffic for a while, especially when warm, the tensioner just doesn't seem to hold it's prime.

I replaced the CCT, no change.

I was thinking - the hornet CCT - will it fit? Are they any better?

I'm planning to try it, just wondered if anyone else had...

I have a feeling the oil pressure's probably a bit low at idle, my bike's done 43k so it's no spring chicken, but it doesn't use any oil and still goes like it should so it's got life left in it yet... Just don't want the loose camchain eating the guides!!

Firstly, the Hornet is an F3 motor, and the CCT will not fit, different in a few ways.

secondly, your bike uses oil, ALL engines use oil. however, it does not BURN or consume oil.

rufusw5 10-13-2011 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebiker (Post 1106338)

secondly, your bike uses oil, ALL engines use oil. however, it does not BURN or consume oil.

I'm assuming you're trying to point out that what i said was factually wrong, quite why you've taken it upon yourself to do that is beyond me. Given that you don't know my bike (unless you're stalking me), you clearly understood exatly what I meant.

I think that says alot about you.