600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

ANOTHER FRAME SLIDERS THREAD (but different)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ANOTHER FRAME SLIDERS THREAD (but different)

I don't see any R&G frame sliders anywhere on that site for an 06 600RR. All I see is the crash kit for the 07/08......which is exactly what you need, but for the 06.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the "crash kit" would that consist of all the sliders R&G makes in one nice package? cuz thats totally badass

Old 08-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Retired Moderator

^^ Yep.

http://www.cyclesector.com/product_p...-600rr0708.htm

This R&G crash kit is for the 07/08 600RR's, but includes the Aero frame sliders, Bar end sliders, Fork sliders and the Swingarm cottonreel spools. To be honest, there is really no need for spool sliders AND axle sliders because the spools will hit the ground first in a slide, which would really make the axle sliders pointless.

But I haven't found a crash kit for the 06 600RR. Maybe other sites have R&G, but I'm not sure. I'm not extremely familiar with their products or where to get them.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:42 PM

Don't the spool sliders get used more for picking the bike up on stands than actually crashing? I plan on getting a rear stand in the near future too (= may as well think ahead.

I'll just have to shoot them an email. Thanks btw!

Old 08-19-2008, 12:28 AM

I have an 05 600RR got mine from

http://www.motomummy.com/store/produ...416&page=1

You will have to mod. the fairing for these sliders.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:03 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: garyward

Don't the spool sliders get used more for picking the bike up on stands than actually crashing? I plan on getting a rear stand in the near future too (= may as well think ahead.

I'll just have to shoot them an email. Thanks btw!
That's why they call them spool "sliders". They're a dual purpose device. They're used to raise the rear of the bike using a stand, as well as protect the swingarm in the event of a crash. You can get regular spools which are extremely small and are really only used for the stands.........or you can get the spool sliders which are larger and stick further out from the swingarm and are usually made of the same material as the frame sliders.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:41 AM

ORIGINAL: tomp

I have an 05 600RR got mine from

http://www.motomummy.com/store/produ...416&page=1

You will have to mod. the fairing for these sliders.

yah i know, they are not as good if you get no-cuts. I was strictly asking for the link that you have provided (=
Thanks.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:28 AM

Do the fork/swingarm/bar end sliders do that much of a difference when the bike falls? My bike has bar-ends, but i think they are stock.. they have already worked wonders as it is. The main reason i want the spools is for the bike stand. the rest i figure its better to be safe than sorry.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:45 AM

Pretty much all sliders are there to limit the amount of damage you take in the event your bike goes down. All off them provide a degree of protection, if you do go down your going to get damage, the sliders will help minimize the damage.

Bar end sliders are actually made to contact the ground. Your stock bar ends are not.

IMO you need frame sliders, swing arm spools, bar end sliders and fork slider. Anything more than that you might as well buy a cage. Yes all of it is to be better safe than sorry. All i have on my bike are swing arm spools and frame sliders.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:54 AM

ORIGINAL: tomp

Pretty much all sliders are there to limit the amount of damage you take in the event your bike goes down. All off them provide a degree of protection, if you do go down your going to get damage, the sliders will help minimize the damage.

Bar end sliders are actually made to contact the ground. Your stock bar ends are not.

IMO you need frame sliders, swing arm spools, bar end sliders and fork slider. Anything more than that you might as well buy a cage. Yes all of it is to be better safe than sorry. All i have on my bike are swing arm spools and frame sliders.

thank you for the response. I will make my decision based upon this (=

Quick Reply: ANOTHER FRAME SLIDERS THREAD (but different)