600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

about HID

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 06:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default about HID

I wanted to spend some $$$ on HID system one or two head lights .. i figured i spend some times riding at nights daily bases .. thinik its a pre good investment .. any one out there installed their HID system on their's ??? was it hard to install ?? kinda looked around in a site but...no luck !! tks for 411

Old 05-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Default RE: about HID

I installed my hid and got it from http://www.xenondepot.com/index.php . The kit looked good to me but haven't seen too many other kits to compare it to. I have just over 4k mi on my ride and I ride the rain and cold. I think their holding up pretty good. They heve been on the bike since second time I've ridden it. Good investment is understatement! They should have come stock! That is the single best improvement made to my ride. Better than sliders, suspension, and windscreen. I made mine my high beam so I can turn it off and on, smokey don't like bright lights in his mirrors, if I get flashed I'll turn them off, and not to shorten the life of bulb or kit ever time you start the bike they flash on and off. BUT........Funny thing about it though, PEOPLE STILL DON'T SEE ME!!!!!!! LOL! I say go for it. I think their dope!

Old 05-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Banned

I did HID yesterday, went 8000K, Last night took a midnight run, very bright, easy on the eyes. Had silverstars before this. I only did the lo beam, left high beam as a silverstar. It is definitely an improvement, installation was easy, cost $150 from superbike supply. Iam not sure if I will do the hi beam. The silverstars look yellow next to the HID.

I may need a relay because I lost a 10 amp fuse on high beam, now I got a 15 amp in until I get this squared away.

But yeah, the blue/purple is pretty nice.

Try it you'll like it.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:33 PM

It's very simple to install them. Just make sure you get the right size bulb. What I did was purchased a used ballast on EBAY for $70. The bulb cost $30 more. I bought a regular HID bulb, D2S, and an adapter for H7 bulbs. I trimmed the bulb a little and it fits fine in the headlight. Total cost for the project was around $115. The installation on the bike is so easy, just tap into the (+) and (-).