1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Which slip-on?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which slip-on?

EDIT: nevermind. old post. lol

Old 08-31-2008, 04:22 PM

LOL, he said everyone has two bros when he has yoshi

I wont ever buy a yoshi ONLY for the fact that it's so commercial. I see them EVERYWHERE, it's like all the anime nerds decided to get bikes and liked the Japanese lettering (just kidding yoshi owners, dont take me seriously)

On a serious note though, exhaust has two purposes: Noise and power, both of which come at a monotary expense. I bought my bike used and it had a D&D already on it. I personally LOVE my exhaust for the reason that people take notice (especially when they think "hey, I'm going to do a blind lane change" then they hear me and think again)(that's a good reason but the other is I simply like attention drawn by cars to the fact that i can smoke them without trying). To be COMPLETELY honest on the issue, do you REALLY need a couple more horses on your crotch rocket? (unless you race track)

I really dont know what the point of this post was now, I lost my train of thought with all those parenthesis

Old 09-01-2008, 02:43 AM

i mean come on, who doesnt want a pipe named after the little green animal from mario brothers! Yoshi! he ate all the apples. and yoshi is what mario and luigie rode

Old 09-01-2008, 04:27 PM

yeah man, when you ride yoshi you're cool as hell, like freakin mario or something, lol

Old 09-01-2008, 06:18 PM

So you're sayin the Two Bro's rode the Yoshi?!?!

Old 09-01-2008, 11:17 PM

HO-ly SHYT, that is the craziest thing ever, I just died laughing Two Bro's, Yoshi, wow

Old 09-02-2008, 03:09 AM

so did the japanese come up with the mario bro's game and the exhaust pipe?

Old 09-10-2008, 11:43 PM

Im gonna hop on this wagon for a min. I have an 06 and have had a few different pipes and here is my imput. The bike came with a Titanuim FMF I loved the sound it was nice a deep very rumbly on the low end, not really loud on the top but the bike performed really well, it felt really strong but it was crooked so I took it off and replaced it with a titanuim scorpion. The scorpion was a little quieter (not much) than the FMF until you opend it up then it got louder then the FMF It had strong low end and midrange but the bike felt alittle slower on the top end (it wouldnt pull the higher MPH as fast) I dynoed the bike and it pulled 149hp but if flatlined at 149 and stopped makin power, it didnt lose any but it stopped climbing for some reason so that could have been why it felt a little weaker on the top end. The dyno operator compared my dyno chart to a stock 06 he had and my bike made about 3hp more all that way accross the rev range until it flat lined then the stocker pull about 2 more hp. then I had a Micron dual outlet it was on the bike for a day, it was heavy compared to the scorpion, sounded real nice quieter but nice and smooth. bike had a really soft bottom end and pulled hard when it hit 7k. I wasnt really impressed. So it came between 2 bro and yoshi because I wanted a carbon fiber pipe. The dyno guy said the 2-bro quality is good but the dont post any gains, and said yoshi is a good performing pipe but akra and arata are where the hp and the pricetags are at. So I went with the yoshi because I think it looks better than the 2bro and the 2 bro are deffinately more popular around here, altho yoshi are populars on the gixxers. now the bike performs like it did with the FMF, pulls really hard all the way across the rpm, its alittle quieter than the scorpion until 4k then she gets loud but sounds nice, ive gotten multiple compliments on the sound. I'll get dyno numbers soon.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:20 AM

i feel like i am the only person in the world that had an erion slip onfor my 06 cbr 1000!!

id personally recommend theerion for a slip-on, great raspy sound, but not obnoxious and definatehp gains

well i upgraded to a full arata titanium exhaust, and i love the sound, kinda pingy.... not a deep throaty sound like you get off a full steel exhaust.. but, now it sounds like a real race bike...lol

Old 11-24-2008, 04:37 PM

i have had several systems on my rides. i have come to love the 2bros. had one on my 06 and got power gains and weight loss. have one now on my 08 with huge weight loss and very good power gains.

they have my business till something goes wrong. love the sound and quality is top notch.

Quick Reply: Which slip-on?