1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Opinions on Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on Exhaust

Hi Guys,
I'm new to the forum, and i just bought a 2007 1000RR last month. It's got a stock exhaust on it and i was looking into buying a slip on before spring. I thought about going with the full exhaust, but i wondered if maybe i should wait until i got a power commander to go with the full exhaust.
Anyways i had a yoshimura onmy last bike ( 01 R6) and i was thinking bout getting a RS-5 for my RR. Wondered if people had any comments about them, or if they know of other exhausts that are more bang for the buck. I want something that sounds good, but also has good performance, and i read a few posts with people saying Yoshi's gave the crapiest performance out of most exhausts. Just wondering if you guys could give me a few pointers.

Thanks,
Shaun

Old 02-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Default RE: Opinions on Exhaust

yosh is a suzuki thing. I went with the jardine, but I personally didnt care about the hp gains. This bike has more than enough power without adding hp, but thats just my opinion. I just ride for fun, Im not exactly the next Hayden or Rossi. Findsomething that you like but I would personally stay away from yoshi.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:42 PM

i went with jardine as well...its sounds awesome and theyare withthe ama american honda 1k so i'm sure its performance is good. it def. added a lil punch and after i get the bmc air filter and dyno tune it... should be ready for the track. cuz w/o a dyno tune the power ban is kinda twitchy...but once it kicks in its pretty solid....

the other brand alot of peeps have is two brothers...its pretty loud but not sure about what it does for the bike, hp wise.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:51 AM

one way to go especially if your going to do the PCIII is go with a higher end exhaust, You will spend a little more but can get more out of them. Look into Sato , Arata, Akro..., These companies boast close to 10HP gains when remapped correctly, but they carry about a $700 price tag, I found my titanium Sato s/o used on1000rr.net shipped for $300. so keep your eyes open for deals.

IMO if your going PCIII do it right and get something out of it.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:22 PM

i just went with the m4 carbon pipe, for the price it is a good pipe. and the dyno charts i have seen on it with just the slip-on alone are a few ponies up on stock. so with a filter and a pc3 it sould be good for a little power gain. i also like the looks of it better then most pipes. reminds me of the arata trap pipe, only half the cost. i got the carbon and stainless slip-on shipped for 400 dollars. will post up a report on intall and what not when it gets here and i can throw it on. also planning to do the flapper mod as well. i liked the look of the yosh, and the price is not bad, then i pulled a few vids from you tube and heard them! not my taste, to raspy and crackled to much.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:43 PM
VP

I'd definitely take a video clip of the D&D exhaust if anybody wants to hear it... but you rpobably don't because its the most annoying sound ever lol

It sounds about twice as loud as it did on my 954 so I'm probably gonna get around to swappin it for something else sooner than later

Old 02-18-2008, 06:05 AM

Sound wise..go with GPR Thunderline exhaust! Not sure bout hp gains thou..
Hp gains wise go for arata, sato or akra to name a few..
Carbon looks nicer..

Old 02-29-2008, 02:20 PM

thanks guys, i'm looking to go with a power commander eventually, but i wanted to get a pipe first, i've heard of the higher end pipes recently and was going to check them out. I just wasn't able to find many sound clips online. I want something that isn't annoying to listen to. I have heard two brothers are really loud and so are D&D, but ive never heard them in person, just wondering what you guys thought about those two.

Thanks.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.leovinceusa.com/

Old 03-06-2008, 06:37 PM

Don't forget Arrow. They develop their pipes specifically for the 1000.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Exhaust