1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

New stuff!! PC III, Z Bomb, Air Filter!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New stuff!! PC III, Z Bomb, Air Filter!

I bought the Z Bomb last week and it did not come yet but I should get it tomorrow.

I bought a BMC Race Air Filter on Friday.

I bought a new Power Commander III today and it should be at the local shop on Tuesday.

I already have the R-77 Yoshi Slip On.

I plan on using the map from the Power Commander site for the Yoshi slip on and standard/ aftermarket filter.

Will that be the right way to go until I get a custom map?

The Honda should feel awesome by next weekend once I have everything installed! Just had to tell someone! This will be the first bike I have installed a PC III on. That with the Z Bomb and Filter should make an awesome improvement over stock!!

Old 11-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Default RE: New stuff!! PC III, Z Bomb, Air Filter!

untill you get the custom map thats the best way! but when yu get the zbomb you'll definetly need the custom map to get it working perfect!

your bike will rip up everything!

Old 11-16-2008, 09:02 PM

I may have to go down a tooth in the back to keep the front up down. It is strong now in the 0-180 test....I will definitly crush most everything around here after the mods.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: trainedkilla

I already have the R-77 Yoshi Slip On.

I plan on using the map from the Power Commander site for the Yoshi slip on and standard/ aftermarket filter.

Will that be the right way to go until I get a custom map?
I have the map from the website with the same exhaust and stock air filter and it is fine. I hope to get the Dyno next week. I wanted to do it a month ago, but I was lazy about it. It def makes a difference over the stock exhaust.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:59 PM

I installed theZ Bomb a few days a go and installed the PC III today. The bike feels awesome and more responsive than before. It pulls hard all the way to red line.

It started to get dark as I had the bike back together so I could not play much. When I do, I will give you all my opinion on whether or not it was worth my money. The 15 or 20 minutes I spent on her today definitly felt like a different bike.

My air filter should be in this weekend hopefully.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:12 PM

how did the zbomb install? what does it plug into? etc....

Old 11-21-2008, 08:01 AM

The Z Bomb plugs in between the TPS and ECU. The right side of the air box, right underneath next to the frame. When you hook up the PC III, The PC III plugs into the TPS and the Z Bomb is plugged in between the PC III and the ECU.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:45 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

pics!

Old 11-21-2008, 05:17 PM

Sorry, I did not take any pics. I got the BMC Air Filter in today and just finished installing it.

When I installed the Z Bomb, it was my first time lifting the gas tank on the 08 CBR 1000. It still only took me about 30 minutes to install it.

When I installed the PC III, I was familar with the bike and it only took about 25 minutes.

When you lift the tank, you have to be mindful of the gas overflow tube being pulled up with the tank.

The air filter took about 30 minutes because of the screws and unclipping the wire connections on the airbox. Then you have to adjust the lower clip that secures the filter...took me a few to figure that out so that the filter fits flush.

The new 2 wheel tuner "do it yourself" magazine came in handy while doing the PC III. It gave me the color codes of the wires.

Chris

Old 11-25-2008, 10:47 AM

I will say that with all the new mods, the bike is more "jerky" in first and second gear. Even more so than before. When you let off the throttle, the bike has a big reaction. When you get on the throttle, there is also a bigger reaction.

I guess it is a trade off for the additional power.

Quick Reply: New stuff!! PC III, Z Bomb, Air Filter!