1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

New Hot Bodies Flush Mount Turn Signals - Battery Dead?

Old 07-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Hot Bodies Flush Mount Turn Signals - Battery Dead?

So this weekend I installed my new flush mount front turn signals and everything was working great until this morning when I went to ride to work and the starter tried but didnt have enough juice to start the bike. Tried a few times and nothing. Then slowly after about a minute the battery was completely dead.

Do I have a grounded connection or a short somewhere? I connected the green togroundand blue(right)/orange(left) to the hot. Taped up the white striped blue/orange to make sure it wouldnt ground out. Blinkers work fine. They blink fast but the directions say they will be fast so i assume its correct.
1. The white stripe wire is the running lights wire right and not needed?
2. If a ground wire is not making a connection in the wireing to the blinkers could that be a cause? Would it even work?
3. What else could I check? Seems a little too coincidental for it not to be something with this wireing.

On a side note, with the side fairings, the little pop things that look like a turker timer that hold the fairing in in 3 spots. Theres one under the front headlight as far forward as could be. How the hell do you get that one back in? You can put it in but theres no way to pop in so it holds. I couldnt get my fingers or a tool in there.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hot Bodies Flush Mount Turn Signals - Battery Dead?

Not sure if it is the same problem, but this is what happened to me. I installed the same HotBodies signals and love the look. However, after a month or so, the signals stopped working and then I noticed that the brake lights quit too. I found that a fuse was blown. I of course replaced it, but it kept blowing. Finally I found that the two wires going into the signal were bare quite a ways back and the silicone that they used to seal it up had come loose. So, I pushed the two wires apart and put a large glob of silicone between the wires making sure that they could not touch and that it was sealed up again.

I hope that helps. Just make sure whatever you use to seal it up is non-conductive...