CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   1000 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/)
-   -   New CBR 1000!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/new-cbr-1000-a-119777/)

cbrvegas1k 01-02-2011 09:42 AM

New CBR 1000!!

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I am the proud new owner of a 2005 CBR 1000RR! The bike is completely stock other than some frame sliders. I am already looking for upgrades and would like some opinions on exhaust systems. I want something that looks cool, but more importantly I want it to sound mean. I have always been a fan of Two Brothers exhaust but I've heard a few CBR's with Two Brothers and wasn't all that impressed with the sound. Any suggestions??

gotcbr 01-02-2011 11:21 PM

Welcome aboard. Congrats on the new bike!

I have a friend that has the Two Bros can on his 09 CBR1000RR & it sounds great. It has a nice throaty sound that does "sound mean". Its definitely loud but its unmodified & was installed right out of the box. Not sure of the exact TB model but it looks great too. After the installing the pipe, he installed a Power Commander.

Have fun shopping!

revilingfool 01-02-2011 11:24 PM

well.... i have a bike with the two bro's and a bike with an arata. The arata sounds more mean i think, and is slightly louder. Yet i enjoy the two bro's more. It hits a nice low note at just over 3000 rpms that drones other exhausts out when cruzin. On the 600 i have a D&D. i love that pipe yet i have never heard it on a 1000. it will make a good amount of noise for an older bike. My friend has a yosh on his 600rr when you get to power god that thing screams, i would imagine it would be very similar on the newer 1kr's, but it will probably sound different on an 05.

never heard in person: jardine and akrapovic

i would go with the two bros. It sounds silly on the 600rr though. Or perhaps look into the hotbodies kit for a more unique look. sounds GPish

to clean up the back i gutted the tail and threw on a competition werkes FE.

cbrvegas1k 01-07-2011 11:47 PM

I have been doing some searching online just to see what kinds of exhaust systems there are and how much they cost. I came across a GPR exhaust that looked pretty sweet and seemed to be about average cost. Does anyone know who they are and if they are any good?

revilingfool 01-08-2011 02:05 AM

never heard of them... but that doesnt mean much lol

justasquid 01-08-2011 05:35 AM

Im running a yoshimura stainless. Its pretty loud, but more of a raspy type sound than a deep rumble. One thing to keep in mind is also the material the exhaust is made from. Carbon fiber tends to be a bit muffled and a little deeper sounding, where stainless and titanium tend to be a little raspier and louder.

I've heard of gpr exhaust. But don't know anything about them.

Some brands to check out would be: Yoshimura, Ackrapovic, Two brothers, Laser, Jardine, Arata, Scorpion, Leo vince,

KIDZPLAY 01-17-2011 12:17 PM

i'm running a titanium arrow on mine. loud and raspy. the most common ones that i see are yoshimura and tb. justasquid is right, also depends on the build material. titanium and ss give you more raspy sound. so all depends on what sound you want out of it

gatorbone 01-24-2011 08:44 AM

Just installed an FMF Apex slipon. Looks and sounds great.

idfastman 02-04-2011 01:32 AM

i just got mine, but it has a leo vince full system with titanium pipes and carbon can, i love the sound of it, kinda spendy though from what i understand i also have power comander