1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

HRC RACING AIR DUCT??

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HRC RACING AIR DUCT??

You can check it out at oppracing.com

Old 05-27-2006, 12:58 PM

suppose i would like to mod my engine...hmm.. lets say..camshaft..wat else do i really need to change?? a local performance parts dealer here said that wif a camshaft mod..i could gain 10hp guaranteed!! but dat is for a 954..wat about 1k rr??

wat is best value(HP) for money for engine modifications?? cheap yet gain a significant hp gains??

Old 05-27-2006, 01:11 PM

My plan is to take the bolt on mod route. Once I ran out things to change & bolt on the bike. That would be the point when I start looking at the engine such as camshafts, pistons and so forth. Providing I don't run out of money of course!!! My current wish list is as follows'
Racing Air Duct
V Stacks
Igintion module
My own dyno as there is not one in this friggin country!!!!!!

Old 05-27-2006, 03:48 PM

i have seen the opp website and im surprised the HRC air duct look more or less the same as my modified flapper/air duct!!

this is wat i have done..remove the plastic grills,remove the flapper and saw off the 2 fins in the air duct..nw my air duct has no restriction..the same idea as the HRC kit..

good to know that an idea from my trusted mechanic turns out to be something HRC made to improve performance!! save me a bomb from buying the HRC kit..well performance wise i can't say its the same thou..

can't wait for my nxt remapping and see hw it goes..

Old 05-27-2006, 10:56 PM

Im running the OPP carbon fiber version on the HRC airduct on my 2006. Its a near exact replica except it has cutouts so you can go lock to lock for street riding.. the hrc version doesnt allow you to turn your bars very much without hitting. the duct works very well til about 160-165mph and then it starts to see some turbulence with stock stacks and airbox.. i am going to try the short stacks and also maybe stock filters without screen to see if i can slow down some of the air turbulence at high speed w/o sacrificing power thru the midrange.. ill let you guys know how it works out..

my next mod in a couple weeks will be valvesprings, raised compression and cams.. i think thats where the most power will be made on this bike. 12.2 compression makes for a somewhat lazy bike up top.. ill be running 13.1 or so C/R when i shave the head.

Old 05-28-2006, 02:52 AM

and as soon as the teams get back from Road America, you should have your cams on the way!

Will

Old 05-28-2006, 03:38 AM

ORIGINAL: RetroSBK

and as soon as the teams get back from Road America, you should have your cams on the way!

Will
thanks will and please keep me updated on the ECU.. my buddy is killing me everyday asking about it.

Old 05-29-2006, 07:32 AM

Blade thanks for the tip! I think i will give your idea a shot. now where is my hacksaw.....

Old 05-29-2006, 07:46 AM

Just orderded an air duct will let you know what all the fuss is about!!!

Old 05-29-2006, 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: blade17fire

i have seen the opp website and im surprised the HRC air duct look more or less the same as my modified flapper/air duct!!

this is wat i have done..remove the plastic grills,remove the flapper and saw off the 2 fins in the air duct..nw my air duct has no restriction..the same idea as the HRC kit..

good to know that an idea from my trusted mechanic turns out to be something HRC made to improve performance!! save me a bomb from buying the HRC kit..well performance wise i can't say its the same thou..

can't wait for my nxt remapping and see hw it goes..
here is a pic of the opp hrc version on my bike... not quite the same size as the stock one gutted out.. have a look at the filters..

Name:  oppintake.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  84.0 KB

Quick Reply: HRC RACING AIR DUCT??