CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   1000 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/)
-   -   Which Exhaust ?? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/exhaust-110632/)

Babyc1999 05-14-2010 07:39 PM

Which Exhaust ??

Ok I am a newbie picking up my 06 cbr 1000rr, I had an 04 600rr with a two brothers full exhaust. What full exhaust should I get for the 1000rr?? Akrapovic, Jardine single/dual out, leo vince, Laser, or scorpion. I want something that has a verry aggressive deeep growl and will give me good gains. All advice is greatly appreciated thanks all ..

burk3385 05-15-2010 12:15 PM

I have a D&D slip-on on my 06. I know you said FULL exhaust but the D&D gives you a very deep loud growl. Looks great too. I can tell a difference between my 06 and my dad's 07 and he has a slip-on as well. I feel that the D&D gave me a gain, it looks good, and sounds good too. If you definately want a full exhaust then disregard this post lol. Just thought I'd give my 2 cents because I feel that a full exhaust isnt necessary because stock headers are made for full air flow from factory.

b mahony 05-15-2010 12:23 PM

scorpion carbon end can:icon_google:

bmergner 05-16-2010 09:49 AM

i just bought a used full micron system for my 06 1000rr with the dual outlet muffler. i like the stock look and HAD to have fit in the factory location without removing anything. looks GREAT, sounds GREAT and the install was nice and easy. it was a deal so i bought it.... i am happy.

tysoncbr 05-19-2010 05:13 PM

i have a scorpion aluminum i need to sale...awesome gains without power commander..excelent shape..if anyone is looking..just replaced with dual carbon fiber d&d pipes...

Mike_C. 05-19-2010 05:31 PM

Id go with the Akro or Jardine.

justasquid 05-22-2010 04:10 PM

I think it depends on what your defination of good gains are. To achieve that, you will have to get a powercommander and have the bike dyno tuned. You can download maps, but they are generic maps that will not give you the best the bike can do. A dyno tune will.

There is very little in the way of performance differences between the top manufactures once they are tuned. So I would suggest sticking within your budget and save some money for the tune.

Having said that, if money is not an issue, i'd go with Ackrapovic. Great quality and very deep tone. Not overly loud, buy very deep. If you wan't loud, Laser and D&D are loud. All others basically fall in the middle for noise level. Some exhaust burn out really fast and become extremely loud. The ackrapovic holds up very well. I run a Yoshimura on mine, and its held up great. But, its very raspy sounding and probably not the deep aggressive sound your after.

D_T 06-26-2010 11:19 AM

I say satay away from the akra! i had their full system on my r1 and HATED it! it sounded exactly like the stock exhaust, not deep or loud at all! i think more on the raspy side. before that i had twobros slip ons and it sounded waaayyy better than the akra full system. like the guy before said theres not much diff betwee power gains so i say go with sound/looks as your decision maker.