1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Competition Werks FE & Jardine RT-One Carbon

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 03:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Competition Werks FE & Jardine RT-One Carbon

Good Evening All,

I am new to this site and have a quick question that I am hoping someone can assist with. I currently have the Competition Werks FE and have ordered the Jardine RT-One Dual Outlet Carbon Exhaust. I have heard that I will no longer be able to use the FE with this exhaust. From all the pictures I have seen, I do not see why I would no longer be able to use the FE. Can anyone shed a little light on this for me; I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,
Sprout

Old 05-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Default RE: Competition Werks FE & Jardine RT-One Carbon

I have this exact set up on mine. The Fe works fine and looks sick too. Dont worry about. Oh and just for a little for-warning, If you are having problems with clamp on the exhaust that bolts to the under body, just go buy a longer bolt and it will work fine.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:35 PM

Hey Hulk,
Thank you very much for the info;my exhaust should be here Tuesday afternoon. Do you by chance have any pics?

Thanks Again,
Sprout

Old 05-07-2007, 01:51 PM

Sorry so late to reply, I will post some pics up anyways in the morning.

Old 05-09-2007, 03:12 AM

Hey Hulk,

I installed the RT-One Exhaust today and it went very smooth. The attachment of the can was not an issue at all, the bolt was plenty long. However, I do have a question regarding the clamp connecting the s-pipe to the head pipe. I noticed the nut went pretty far down the bolt as I was tightening it down. Did your experience the same thing? I was afraid to keep tightening it for fear the bolt would snap. I started the bike in order to check for exhaust leaks at the clamp, andnoticed a little exhaust leak so I tightened it until the leak wasapparently gone. Lastly, did you reinstall the heat shield as indicated in the directions? I noticed a lot of people do not. Thanks again for the assistance.

Sprout

Old 05-09-2007, 12:55 PM

I checked my bike and the nut is a ways down the bolt. Im assuming you revoved the metallic gasket ring that was on the stock pipe. As for the heatshield I left mine off. I have not had any heat issues.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:01 PM

Once I got the stock exhaust removed I still had a metal ring on the head tube which I left on. It looked like it was a welded in place. The Jardine S-pipe fit over the head tube all the way down to the ring I am talking about. That is where I put the clamp on. Can you take a pic of your clamp and shoot it too me?

Thanks,
Sprout

Old 06-13-2007, 04:35 PM

I have installed jardine rt -one exhaust on my 07 1000 and i have noticed that the bike is sluggish on take off from a stop light it has poor throttle response. I have installed power commander with the jardine map and it didnt help much has any one else had this problem

Old 06-13-2007, 06:58 PM

This set up is causing some sluggishness out of the whole for me too. I am working on some custom maps to see if I can help this out any. With that said the bike is extremely responsive from 3500rpm and on so I am not too worried about the out of the whole response.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:47 AM

With the RT-1, Try the Erion Slip-On map from Dynojet. Did you do the front and rear flapper mod? Some say it really helps the restriction in the lower RPM's (5500 and lower).

Quick Reply: Competition Werks FE & Jardine RT-One Carbon