CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   1000 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/)
-   -   another exhaust Q (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/another-exhaust-q-98080/)

RRusty 07-29-2009 12:31 PM

another exhaust Q

Ok... so I just got back into sport bikes after a 5 years of being with out one. I just picked up a left over 2007 CBR1000RR from the dealer a few days ago and have to do a few things to it to keep my sanity. I think I have the fender eliminator/taillight/turn signal thing sorted out, but there are way to many slip-ons out there for me to get my head around all of them...
yoshi, two bros, akrapovic... I love loud pipes, but I dont want something thats going to sound like I am running stright pipes on the thing either. I have searched around the fourm for awhile and most of the threads I see are people who are looking for screaming loud pipes... So who can help me out here?

Sarge22 07-29-2009 12:41 PM

Try M4, fairly loud nad deep for a good price.

RRusty 07-29-2009 01:29 PM

I was you tubing a few RS-5 pipes and they seem to sound alright (from what I can make out). Any one like/dislike those pipes? The M4 didnt sound bad either...

tysoncbr 07-29-2009 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i like scorpion looks good under bike and sounds awesome too. i have the 06 1000rr. Ive tried D@D which are very loud and i believe take power away from your machine. Just my 2 cents..

RRusty 07-29-2009 05:22 PM

Thanks, Ill take a look at them. Also, is there any huge plus to running CF pipes on the 07 style as they all tuck up under the rear fender?

EDIT: I will remap some time down the road... but with the new pipe do I have to remap right away or am I OK for the time being?

tysoncbr 07-30-2009 09:04 AM

im guessing it really depends on the slip on. My scorpion runs damn strong without a power commander. D&D on the other hand needs a power commander right away. I am soon to buy a pc3 usb for my bike and then see what i can really get out of the scorpion. Bazzaz power is also out there too. Little more pricey but havent heard to much on it yet..By the way any you tube video for scorpion exhaust really dont do the pipe justice at all. Very nice sound..I would highly recomend for price and looks..

Sarge22 07-31-2009 09:25 AM

After you have finished ALL of you mod's then get it dyno tuned. Don't skimp on this, especially on the 1krr, it really needs to be cleaned up in the 2 to 3k range, and build yourself a nice curve.

RRusty 07-31-2009 12:02 PM

I think I am leaning in the direction of the scorpion or the yoshi rs-5. The seem to have the right sound I am looking for. Now all I need to do is get the whole thing put together and find a dyno!

Jim165 08-17-2009 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by tysoncbr (Post 817253)
.....By the way any you tube video for scorpion exhaust really dont do the pipe justice at all. Very nice sound..I would highly recomend for price and looks..

+1000 on the Scorpion. Just ordered one from EGay for way cheap. Gots to be the most underappreciated exhausts out there. Sounds sooo good!

gottabfordtough 08-17-2009 08:17 PM

i love my yosh rs-5 pipe.. i just installed a slip-on two weeks ago on my 061krr. perfect sound,, deep, good sound at 4-5k rpm.. and really opens up about 7k rpm.. wouldn't trade it for anything i've heard so far, (*with out spending 800 bucks on a full system).. i gave $404 free shiping for the carbon fiber yosh pipe.. cant go wrong there bud.

p.s. i just did the slip on.. no power comander, no remap, no issues..