1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

$400-$600

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 07:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: $400-$600

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I have to agree with abadfish............trackdays, full leathers and maybe take a superbike class. It'll make your experience on a bike THAT much better. The bike is already incredibly fast, invest into the rider. (improvement is a 24/7 thing with riders, it never ends.)
Like stated before.... I already have full leathers and ride the tracks a lot....

Old 04-26-2007, 11:26 AM

400- 600 doesn't buy much these days for bikes. Hell you can't really get a slip on. I'd probably do brake lines, lighter rear wave rotor, 520 chain conversion with -1 front sprocket, and that will still leave you with about 150-200 to play around with cosmetics, ie blinkers and windscreen.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:10 PM

dang....i stand corrected.....i gave $279 for my SS Yosh RS-5 Slip-on for my 05 1000 in jan 06.....same thing now runs $384 at the same site i got mine from....OUCH

anyway....yeah...totally forgot the SS brake lines....and if you do a search on the forum for the flapper-mod im sure you'll come up with a bunch...its at the front of the air-box....

and a cookie cutter map is the one from dynojet for your mods......this is a good start until you get a custom map with a dyno session

Old 04-29-2007, 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Ueafa

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I have to agree with abadfish............trackdays, full leathers and maybe take a superbike class. It'll make your experience on a bike THAT much better. The bike is already incredibly fast, invest into the rider. (improvement is a 24/7 thing with riders, it never ends.)
Like stated before.... I already have full leathers and ride the tracks a lot....
so then why are you worried about looks if you ride the track alot that just seems like a waste of money if you wanna make the bike better improve yourself....
kudos on riding the track as much as you say you do, but like abadfish said thats the one greatest thing you can do for the bike is to improve yourself before you start dropping money into the bike.....

Old 05-07-2007, 12:53 PM

C'mon guys..he wants to mod his bike and ask for opinions so juz recommend him what to mod instead of bringing him down. Its his bike..his money..his wish..let him be happy. Maybe he feels dat he has achieved the best out of his stock ride and he wants more..Who knows?? He could be Hayden in disguise..LoL!!

Neway..For me, if you want to invest in power..make the bike stop earlier 1st. EBC double H brake pads and HEL brakelines are the ones you should look up 1st. Next..flapper mod. Extra power with juz some sweat required..Then a slip-on with the catalyser at the mid pipe cut off("full system" feel with less bucks spent). Velocity stacks to gain more top end power..not forgetting BMC race or street air filter(street recommended). Lastly but surely not least a PC III to top it off..Viola!! A minimum of 15hp gained..

I'm not from the US so I'm not sure how much all this will cost..In Singapore, all this can cost ard US$1600.[&:]