CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   1000 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/)
-   -   3mm overbore (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/3mm-overbore-91195/)

tupperwareracing 04-11-2009 10:49 AM

3mm overbore

has anyone gone 3mm overbore? i have 06 1k and i am doing that right now but i havent heard of anyone doing it but stonz on his 04 drag bike also looking in the future to go 6mm over stroke has anyone done that? if so on either of these do yall have dyno numbers?

TBagr 04-11-2009 01:36 PM

good luck. i have not messed with any of that because it seems to me that the cylinder walls are very thin as it is and boring will simply reduce the integrity of the engine.

hope it works out for you.

DWT74 04-12-2009 09:51 AM

The tolerances in the motors are tight already. Like TBagr said the cylinder walls are thin. I know of no one over boring a 1000 on here, best of luck and let us know how it goes.

tupperwareracing 04-12-2009 01:45 PM

thanks for the encourgement i guess i will be only one of a handful doing it it pretty much is going to be a drag bike since i have my 08 but the love of street riding/racing is my true first passion and it will still be streetable i am getting it tuned with and without the nitrous so as soon as its done i will be able to get you dyno result but im not looking for top end power since i drag race

imzaanedoo 05-05-2009 10:14 AM

tupper i also have an '08 that i drag with its amazing i can relate to you. i just installed my nitrous kit and dynoed, i squeezed out a 191 bhp with a 34 jet still. i hid my bottle in the trunk nobody knows it has nitrous, sleeper (evil grin, only thing that shows is the air/fuel digital meter for the wide band) :P but i'm seriously looking at changing the compression ratio prob get some JE pistons and Carillo rods.

when you get through with that overbore let me know how it works, i'm still little skeptical with it though because as Tbagr said the cylinder walls are already thin, but i understand your passion with the streetracing! i would really like to know how it performs after though!

tupperwareracing 05-06-2009 05:30 PM

Im doing it on the 06 which from what im told does not have as much meat in the cylinder walls.... i heard there is a shop in cali that has done a 3mm overbore on an 08 already... I bought the 08 just for the street which is bad ass. did you have to do a mod on your clutch to get rid of the slipper?????? where did you put the nozzles for the nitro just curious

imzaanedoo 05-08-2009 02:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by tupperwareracing (Post 781196)
Im doing it on the 06 which from what im told does not have as much meat in the cylinder walls.... i heard there is a shop in cali that has done a 3mm overbore on an 08 already... I bought the 08 just for the street which is bad ass. did you have to do a mod on your clutch to get rid of the slipper?????? where did you put the nozzles for the nitro just curious

yea i replaced the plates with lock up plates so theres no slippage. Its a dry shot so i placed the nozzles in the air box.

It's a beast, so light and that much hp wow. I've destroyed a few ZX14's and a few Busa's...the feeling is crazy, that a 1000 with just simple mods can instill fear in those guys with all these big bikes!!
Attachment 63338

tupperwareracing 05-08-2009 03:30 PM

do you have a nitro rail in the box cause if you dont one cylinder will have more of a chance to run lean. if you dont my mech has alot of drag race experience and he can build you rail so you will have nitro in each cylinder evenly pm me if you want a price

imzaanedoo 05-08-2009 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by tupperwareracing (Post 782164)
do you have a nitro rail in the box cause if you dont one cylinder will have more of a chance to run lean. if you dont my mech has alot of drag race experience and he can build you rail so you will have nitro in each cylinder evenly pm me if you want a price

sorry i wasn't actually precise Tupper, it's installed in each of the intake tracts (front of ram-air tubes and the MAF sensor!).

The goal actually of the system i have (Dynotune) is to get the nitrous CLOUD to spray at the air temp. sensor and fool the computer. you do not want to miss the air temp. sensor as this will cause a LEAN condition and make less power! So i have to point one nozzle directly at the air temp. sensor and mount the other nozzle on the opposite side so they spray in a criss cross pattern. The nitrous is coming out at 1000 psi so it will shoot completely across the air box.

so i don't need the nitro rail because it's not like the other systems where the spray is like a jet stream, this one actually turns pressure into volume so it causes that clouding effect,
so when the computer is fooled the intake into the cylinders are even.

thanks for offering the help though, i know we share the same insight for drag racing so its good to share the advice.

tupperwareracing 06-22-2009 03:12 PM

almost done just got the cp pistons back from getting coated only ended up going 2mm overbore but i had the cylinders sleeved also bumped compression up to 13.5:1 recut the valve seats port and polish the head and drilled and tapped the nitrous directly into the head we slotted the cam sprockets...... blah blah blah lol if anyone want details pm me