CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   1000 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/)
-   -   2009 cbr 1000 repsol mods (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/2009-cbr-1000-repsol-mods-104220/)

Cpope333 12-21-2009 11:36 PM

2009 cbr 1000 repsol mods

So the bike is a 2009 repsol. What im looking for is
ideas for things to do to this bike. I've already decidedi two brothers full exhaust over taylor made i know the taylor made by far looks the best but two brothers has a great sound. as well im not looking to get answers about any parts that are strictly visual. Just increased power. example: juice box, power commander, anything that will benefit the bike power wise is what i wanna hear. I'd appreciate it. I'm open to any ideas so i look forward to some input on this. Thanks

rellimdekim 12-22-2009 12:20 AM

PCIV get it with the autotune module, and the Ignition Retard Controller.. You want these...

BMC Filter.... Get one, dont get the race unless you want to get **** in your engine.

Stainless Brake Lines... great things help you brake better, better overall feeling Galfer are good, but shop around.

Puig Race Screen.. not just for looks actually gets the air over your helmet.

And for the functionaluty, get spools, frame sliders and woodcraft stator cover.. these will protect the bike if you go down.

Have you heard the Two Brothers in person beside a TaylorMade? I have the Taylormade and its a lot more bearable at highway speeds..

Cpope333 12-22-2009 06:04 AM

very nice. as far as the exhaust question no i havent but
just with a full exhaust like two bros. im hoping to get more power. instead of just doing the taylor made slip on its hard
to say if i'd be happy or not with it. hard to find a good sound clip for it.

Cpope333 12-22-2009 05:28 PM

Also im still on the fence on the exhaust i suppose. so two questions taylor made vs two bros. power difference? obv taylor made has the looks without a doubt but what am i looking at power difference and could i do the taylor made with headers to get more power? im pretty much looking to put the hp on this bike way up there avoiding a turbo or major engine overhaul.

rellimdekim 12-22-2009 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cpope333 (Post 867870)
Also im still on the fence on the exhaust i suppose. so two questions taylor made vs two bros. power difference? obv taylor made has the looks without a doubt but what am i looking at power difference and could i do the taylor made with headers to get more power? im pretty much looking to put the hp on this bike way up there avoiding a turbo or major engine overhaul.

Ok so you arent going to be able to do headers and a slip on with any company on this bike, a full system is going to be required. Honda has the stick headers engineered to near perfection from what I have seen/heard. I dont know how much power you are trying to get out of your bike but I am sitting between 165 and 168 on mine. If you need more power then you should just look for car. You will never need more power than that on a bike.

if you want more power then you are going to have to go the way of a turbo or internals. A full HRC kit would do you the deed. Or you can wait for a turbo solution..

Why do you need a lot more power?

PlayfulGod 12-23-2009 12:08 PM

look on the taylormade site, they have the specs there n a decent sound clip.

Cpope333 12-27-2009 03:11 PM

that clip was very helpful sounds pretty good. reason im looking for a full exhaust is more power i want it to be the
quickest NA bike in the city ive got time till spring to build it. also i was looking at other mods just wanna know your opinions on this too. flapper mod? juice box? pc4? any other mods along these lines or other modifications that can be done? lookin for as much power as possible

Cpope333 12-27-2009 03:13 PM

also the hrc kit any site to see what your talkin about?

rafa 01-07-2010 09:31 PM

Easy to do?
Full exhaust
Filter
Cams
Head gasket
Power commander with custom tune
Gear it down and no one will touch u unless they have something especial

justasquid 01-08-2010 11:09 AM

For the most part, anytime you are increasing power on these bikes, you are doing it at the cost of low end power. You mainly increase peak power. Stock, they are a good comprimise, and if your doing a lot of city driving, increasing top end while decreasing low end may not be the best choice.

In my opinion, if you want it to be quicker, the best thing you can do is gear it. -1 in the front and +2 in the rear is the most common, but you could go even more than that if felt you needed it. You will loose some top end, but it will be much quicker. Seat of the pants will feel like a ton more power.

Just remember, there is always somebody out there that has a faster bike. Its just the way things are. Just be happy knowing you have one the best bikes ever made and don't worry about what others have. The bike is only as fast as the rider is willing to push it.