CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   1000 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/)
-   -   2006 cbr1000rr power commander? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/2006-cbr1000rr-power-commander-136587/)

slapshot1540 04-09-2012 08:12 PM

2006 cbr1000rr power commander?

i have a 2006 1000rr. it is stock except for a custom made high flow exhaust. i was wondering would a power commander actually do anything to this bike with it being pretty much stock?

justasquid 04-09-2012 08:39 PM

the power commander has some potential even with a stock bike. However, you really need to have the bike dyno-tuned to get the most out of it. You can download maps for it, but they are based on other peoples set ups and not really specific to your bike. Every bike is slightly different and while maps can get it close, you really won't realize the full potential of the power commander.

Having said that. You stated it is a custom made high flow exhaust. This is a situation where you may want to get the PC and have it dyno-tuned. There won't be any readily made maps for it since it has a custom exhaust, and you could be loosing power due to the exhaust that is on it. The power commander is a great tool for your situation... if its tuned properly.

The__Rider 05-03-2012 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by justasquid (Post 1148264)
the power commander has some potential even with a stock bike. However, you really need to have the bike dyno-tuned to get the most out of it. You can download maps for it, but they are based on other peoples set ups and not really specific to your bike. Every bike is slightly different and while maps can get it close, you really won't realize the full potential of the power commander.

Having said that. You stated it is a custom made high flow exhaust. This is a situation where you may want to get the PC and have it dyno-tuned. There won't be any readily made maps for it since it has a custom exhaust, and you could be loosing power due to the exhaust that is on it. The power commander is a great tool for your situation... if its tuned properly.

Where can you get it programmed properly? My 1krr has a PC but I know absolutely nothing about the correct settings or how to program it.

Shadow 05-04-2012 10:32 AM

Suggest you contact Power Commander direct - they will have all the data to handle it depending what pipe you have, etc etc.

sickcbr1k 02-13-2013 10:35 AM

Not trying to bump an old thread but ive been asked this several times recently so this might be a helpful tip for future reference...

I had a pcIII on my old busa with a "custom" pipe and took the bike to my local shop. I just knew i was going to be driving 3 hours to the nearest [I]race[I] shop...but, The mechanic on staff was a certified dynojet guru of some sort (having completed some sort of training), and made a custom map in house within a few hours. The map was night and day in difference!

Sooooo, id check your local shops and their abilities, they might just surprise you!

wilhon 04-13-2013 01:22 PM

I have one on my 2006 with 2 Brothers Racing pipe - stored mapping worked good, better by a little bit with dyno tuning. I highly recommend it. It's been trouble-free.

mnazary 04-22-2013 06:13 AM

Welcome!

okstatef4i 05-03-2013 02:13 PM

For the money, honestly a good steering stabilizer is probably a better upgrade even for street riding.