CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   1000 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/)
-   -   08 cbr 1000rr dyno at honda dealer windyno unit???? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/08-cbr-1000rr-dyno-honda-dealer-windyno-unit-104406/)

taikien 12-30-2009 08:33 PM

08 cbr 1000rr dyno at honda dealer windyno unit????

:icon_doh:I just had my bike dyno at a honda dealer using windyno machine.first of all my bike has 2500 miles with yoshi slip on exhaust with power commander v and air filter maps loaded.temperature was around 45degrees and the result was only 149.5hp at the rear wheels.with all the mods i got in it shouldnt it be higher? Your input is appreciated

Will1000RR 12-31-2009 08:58 AM

strange

wow thats weird..well of course to have to factor in weather conditions etc.. but besides that number you got after Dyno is what I got from mine even before I did any mods..i.e. PC II, can etc.. I think I got a 156 of maybe higher.. I would do it a second time somewhere else to take a second look? :icon_shrug:

Will1000RR 12-31-2009 09:12 AM

strange

wow thats weird..well of course to have to factor in weather conditions etc.. but besides that number you got after Dyno is what I got from mine even before I did any mods..i.e. PC II, can etc.. I think I got a 156 of maybe higher.. I would do it a second time somewhere else to take a second look?:icon_shrug:

TBagr 01-06-2010 02:33 PM

that number can and does vary greatly. depends on the machine, weather and several other conditions. i wouldnt sweat it but if you do then go somewhere else. it would also be easy to know if there was an error based on what another 1k got on same dyno.

JAKECBR1 01-27-2010 08:49 AM

its not about the power its how you use it :icon_wink: my bike with me on it will spank my buddies gsxr 1k every time with dyno proven less power :)

chainstretcher 01-27-2010 10:55 AM

The dyno is just a tool. Doing one run is not very useful. Gives you an idea how strong your bike is but since dynos vary so much between units I wouldn't be too concerned. To me, the dyno is really only useful when making adjustments in between runs to compare A/F and see torque / hp.

You also have to factor in the ram air ... in the real world at red line in 5th gear you will be getting free hp from the ram air. A map specifically to get the most hp on a dyno would hurt you on the track.

kingyeddi 01-30-2010 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by chainstretcher (Post 877674)
The dyno is just a tool. Doing one run is not very useful. Gives you an idea how strong your bike is but since dynos vary so much between units I wouldn't be too concerned. To me, the dyno is really only useful when making adjustments in between runs to compare A/F and see torque / hp.

You also have to factor in the ram air ... in the real world at red line in 5th gear you will be getting free hp from the ram air. A map specifically to get the most hp on a dyno would hurt you on the track.

What he said. Its just a tool. break in also plays a factor, but its way too late for that(hard break in=the 'right' break in). just go twist the balls off that p o s ;^)

jnyce001 03-23-2010 04:49 PM

hard break in ='s "right" break in??? thank god someone said that..lol i just bought an 08 and after i got to 20 miles i been kinda harsh on it...not balls to the wall hard but far from babying it. it has worried me.i only have 170 miles on it now. but i thought stock dyno #'s were higher then 149 ???