CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   1000 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/)
-   -   07 just not running right????? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/07-just-not-running-right-93961/)

dont under estimate 1 liter 05-21-2009 11:39 AM

07 just not running right?????

Hey everyone i am very confused on whats going on with my 1000. Ive been around dirt bikes all my life but this is my first streetbike got it last season. I just recently put on a yoshi r-5 slip on and a power commander. I used a map from powercommander.com. downloaded etc. hooked everything up to bike and it just doesnt seem right. i dont feel really any power gains. I red lined my second gear before all this and it was 118 i did it after with all the parts and its 116. This makes no sense to me fellas and im concerned cause the bike make like a windin nose sounds almost as if one of the pistons isnt timed right or something i really dont know.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.... thanks everyone

dont under estimate 1 liter 05-29-2009 10:19 AM

guesss no one has any answers at all for me??

justasquid 05-29-2009 10:59 AM

What exactly is your question?

Also, Im not sure what a windwin noise is. Could you describe the noise better?

As far as the bike making more power. It may not really be noticable. A slip on is not going to net any real power gains. A downloaded map will put you close, but without actually taking the bike and getting it dyno tuned, your probably not going to feel any differences in power. You could try different maps, but every bike is different. Thats why its best to dyno tune your bike and not use a generic map.

As for the top speed change in second, that doesnt make any sense at all. It is only 2 mph, so its possible its nothing at all. Depending on how fast you are accelerating before you hit redline, will have an effect on just how fast the bike will go in that gear. think of it this way, if you were accelerating hard, as the engine hits the rev limiter, if your going as fast as you can, once the rev limiter hits, you will still have a little "run thru" on the rpms and speed would increase a little. If you were accelerating slower, the rev limiter could limit the rpm right on the redline without any run thru. Its going to vary some and 2 mph is not much of a variance.

dont under estimate 1 liter 05-30-2009 04:08 PM

well i roll up to the red line slow im not jut slapping it up there ya know. and the noise sounds like idn hard to explain just sounds like something in wining. the bike back fires like crazy as well.

dragginazz 05-30-2009 10:24 PM

You might want to try "General Tech". But if I were you, I would take the PC back out and see how it runs after that.

dont under estimate 1 liter 06-02-2009 10:42 AM

i road it around with just silencer and it felt like it was running lean... you think i have to get it dyno tuned?

Will1000RR 06-03-2009 01:12 PM

yep

that may be your best bet..! Dyno tuned with custom map and not a generic take.

dont under estimate 1 liter 06-05-2009 09:06 AM

ight thanks guys for all your help. last question... anyone know a good place to get the dyno tuning done i live right outside philadelphia

WhiteKnite 06-05-2009 06:32 PM

Good idea getting it dynoed. Your story isnt the first I've heard of a bike running worse after a PC. But, the 2mph loss could be attributed to what justasquid said and/or wind direction, temperature, etc. The whining noise may be a normal mechanical noise (ie the tranny is a bit noisy and has a kind of quiet whirr to it) but without hearing it its impossible to tell. These bikes make some distinct and sometimes worrying normal noises, so let a tech listen to it where you get it dyno tuned.

The chances are pretty slim anyone on here knows a shop in that specific area. Have you tried googling for it?

tupperwareracing 06-22-2009 02:59 PM

back firing noise would be running rich not lean cause its dumping too much fuel. def get it dynoed you will find better results