CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   1000 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/)
-   -   07 1000RR Both On Both Off Headlight Mod (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/07-1000rr-both-both-off-headlight-mod-88130/)

$CRASH$ 02-25-2009 04:38 PM

07 1000RR Both On Both Off Headlight Mod

Does Any One Know How To Wire The Headlight's On A 07 1000RR So when They Are In Low Beam Position They're Both Off And When In High Beam Position They're Both On? Doing A Krazy Eye Mod And Want To Be Able To Have Both Light's Off When Krazy Eye's On And Bike Running! Any Help Would Be Great! Thanx!

RojerLockless 02-25-2009 05:16 PM

well since the 1980's every bike must have a running headlight at all times so this is a dumb mod.

however, you would just need to run a switch to cut off all power to the lights and then your normal highbeam light switch would still work normal and wink. that would be the easiest way.

once again though...

if you just turn your bike off and have the "krazy eye's" or whatever you are talking about. it will run with the bike off sitting there at starbucks telling everyone how cool you are.

just my 2cents.

$CRASH$ 02-25-2009 05:49 PM

Well Thanx for the input but I really dont care what you think about the mod! I was just lookin for some freindly advice to find a way to rig the light's, Not to listen to some squid be a hater! Each to their own! Some of us are willing to Pay To Play...Your obviously NOT!! Besides it's not meant for street use, and anyone who just sit's at starbuck's aint a real rider! Just my 2 cents! By the way because I'm a non hater I just wanna say that airbrush job on your tank looks sweet!

justasquid 03-10-2009 05:47 PM

Man, so much hate...:confused:

Both of your headlights are 55 watt single filiment bulbs. You can simply unplug your low beam, run two extensions wires from your high beam over to your low beam. when you high beam is activated, it will activate your low beam too.

The only thing I would be concerned with is the power draw. Im not sure if the high beam wire can withstand 110 watts. You may want to run a thicker wire from the harness. It depends on how far you want to take it.

Also. you may be able to run a relay from your highbeam to your low beam.

So is this like an angel eye mod? If so ,the angel eyes do not show enough light to take the place of a low beam headlight. If i were you, I would run a switch to your low beam so you can just shut that off for driving in the day or through town, but keep the low beam functional for when your riding at night. You want a low beam and a high beam at night. You can simply switch the low beam back on for night riding.

i do a lot of night riding, so I would suggest not making a poor headlight worse. Im modding mine right now with duel bi-xenon projectors so I can actually see at night with 2 low beams and 2 high beams. I hate how poor the output of the stock unit is.

$CRASH$ 03-10-2009 06:39 PM

Thanx for the advice justasquid! I dont think i'll run extra lines off my high beam....most likely melt the harness! Think i'll just run a toggle in line on my low beam....much simpler and less to worrie about! The kit I'm getting is not angel eye's or demon eyes but does the same effect! Its a kit from Tripage L.E.D.....all it is...is 2 l.e.d. bulbs on a bracket that mounts on the backside of your headlight...no need to pull the headlights apart to mount! Looks to be alot brighter than any angel eye kits I've seen! Anyways Thanx again for the advice!

some guy #2 03-11-2009 09:28 PM

Isn't the high beam the same bulb and power draw as the low beam, just a different reflector?

Rocky1 03-18-2009 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by some guy #2 (Post 756020)
Isn't the high beam the same bulb and power draw as the low beam, just a different reflector?

Yes same bulbs different reflectors in the background...either get HIDs and direct your high beam buld as low as possible or get halo's which have a whole entire new reflector set up in the background