Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Teaser... Wheelie Machine is nearly done...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teaser... Wheelie Machine is nearly done...

Wheelie machine!

(Edit: Updating project picture)

Well, had this idea like many others years ago. After playing with it on paper... finally wrote a business plan for this almost a year and a half ago. Found an investor ready to give me 30 grand to get it going, but wanted too much of the business partnership imo (49%), so turned down that offer.

Busted my *** this summer before flipping that stoppie, and decided to invest in the idea myself, with my own cash instead.

The project is about a week out from testing of my prototype. Nice thing... is that if the prototype works as planned... I bought 2 matching dynos, and am ready to build the 2nd one off of my first design. The last few parts of the fabrication are being cut tomorrow, and will be welded over the weekend, or maybe Monday. So should have a testable unit mid next week.

Well, here ya go.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2120432

- Pixel -

Ooh, and no giving me **** either lol. Spent countless thousands, had many sleepless nights, and all I need to hear is nice things. =)

ok. lol

- Pixel -

Old 10-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Teaser... My summer project is nearly done...

Thats cool Pixel. Looks like a lot of time and effort, but should be worth it. Definatly post up when she is done, and i expect of a vid of it in action

Old 10-11-2008, 05:07 PM

Thats pretty cool dude.... def. would like to see a vid of it in action

Old 10-11-2008, 05:53 PM

Yeah, I'll definitely get videos from the on-set.

The machinists still look at me weird.... 3 months into the project, and I'm giving them the final details... and they just look at me dumbly, and go... what the hell is this thing for again? We still don't get how this is supposed to work... You sure?...

lol.

But the work they are doing is seriously top notch. Some of the tolerances are like within like microns. And their attention to detail is superb. He even reamed/machined the allen head bolts down on the collars so there was no chance of them binding. The quick release pins feel like a bolt action rifle. It's going to be pretty sweet.

I looked some of the other designs out there, and they just kinda "Pinch" a hollow axle in place, which seemed too sketchy for me. And while their system is pretty quick to change up bikes... I figure I'll just spend the hundred bucks an axle for each of the guys on our newly formed team, and go from there. The change up on bikes should be pretty quick, I just need to get the axles made as I go.

The system all said and done will be bomb proof, and can have multiple failures in multiple areas at the same time, and still not come off the setup. But I'm dealing with 1/4 and 1/2 inch steel or better in all areas, so I don't really see that happening.

Well, I babble... but hey, If this makes it easier to learn the HB on balance point spreaders, it'll be worth it lol. Those things still scare me.

- Pixel -

Old 10-11-2008, 05:55 PM

Ooh, and almost forgot lol.

Never thought in a million years they'd accept it... but put in a request for a vanity license plate at the DMV... and they APPROVED IT!

S T U N T R

lol.

Things should get interesting.

- Pixel -

Old 10-24-2008, 07:17 PM

any update yet?

Old 10-25-2008, 12:33 AM

ORIGINAL: MrBomb

any update yet?
BAM!

Just picked it up from the machinist today! =) Woot3erz~

I'll be spending this weekend building the springboard for it, and giving it some testing. But the machine, for what it's worth, is finished!

Got everything welded, all the little tweaks done. Now just getting it prepped for the bike. But my mock-up tire sits exactly as we measured.

Here's the link to the updated pics.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...6-fa5f78e99195

- Pixel -

Old 10-25-2008, 01:05 AM

looking awesome man, cant wait to see it in use

Old 10-27-2008, 07:43 PM

I wanna ride. but how are you going to practice circles?

Old 10-27-2008, 11:42 PM

ORIGINAL: seldon929rr

I wanna ride. but how are you going to practice circles?
Easy... Have my buddy tow my trailer around the lot in big 0's while I practice on the machine

=)

- Pixel -

Quick Reply: Teaser... Wheelie Machine is nearly done...