Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Question for the experienced wheelie rider

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for the experienced wheelie rider

Hi I just got my first sport bike about a month ago. I am not new to two wheels. I've been riding bmx and dirtbikes most my life. Not really new to wheelies either, on bicycles I can ride wheelies forever. dirtbikes I have road a few but they were never balance point. Now on my cbr 600 f2 my third ride I started poppin the clutch and gettin the front wheel close to balance point. Now that I've had it for about a month I've road some nice first gear almost balance point wheelies. My concern is looping out. I Had a pretty close call (almost 12 o clock) right when I was feeling comfortable and confident. When I was a kid learning wheelies on my bmx I looped a million times. Can I trust my instincts to keep me from looping? Or is looping out inevitable?

Old 08-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

It's hard to say what's going to ( if anything) stop you from loopin your bike. All I can say is keep that rear brake covered at all times and start slow and learn your bike very well.

Another thing is small adjustments to body position, throttle input, throttle control etc. etc. can make big changes in how the bike reacts. Experiment with these but only change one thing a little at a time, and see how that goes.

Good luck and keep the shiny side up...

Old 09-01-2012, 07:27 PM

yeah thanx, been working on staying concious of the rear brake.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:34 PM

just remember if you do wheelies eventually you will have to re build your bike, unlike a dirtbike, a crotch rocket will need a new tank, new fairing and so on which gets expensive spend the money on your f2 and tinker with some designs on cages and get it set up to where if you fall you wont hurt the bike as much as you would without any stunt parts... if you need anymore insights head over to stuntride.com

Old 09-20-2012, 09:51 PM

Quick hint for the rear brake... It's so friggin easy to tag that thing, especially when you have big feet and boots, that I found the easiest way for me to avoid it is to modify the foot-brake lever. I have a shop so it's not a big deal, but if you have a friend that can do this mod you will find it's cheap and quick to modify. I extended mine 5 centimeters... that was all I needed... you'll have to play around to find what works best for you on this measurement. You can also pull the lever off the notched peg and rotate it down a few centimeters to do the same thing. I dont recommend this, but I know guys who do this to stay on the "cheap"