Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!!!

i bought a 2005 cbr 600rr... it has a two brothers exhaust... this bike WILL NOT do a 2nd gear wheelie... i drop the clutch at 14k rpm... it feels like as soon as the tire gets the power/torque it loses it!! my exhaust is not a slip on. but from what i can tell its not a full.. it looks like the previous owner welded it to the old pipe and cut out the cat as well.. the bike runs fine other than that.. is this bike really just that weak???!!? im considering selling it over this... also the air filter is clean and the plugs seeem to be as well... please no smart *** comments... just real advice

Old 06-13-2013, 10:03 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jstoke9
i drop the clutch at 14k rpm...
What the heck is redline on that? My 1000RR redlines at 13k. Anyway, that sounds a tad too high for dropping the clutch, if that's really where you drop it at. It's probably bouncing off the limiter.

Does it have stock gearing? You might consider a -1/+2 or even a -1/+3 setup if you're going to use it for stunt riding and aren't concerned with engine speed on the highway.

You can see the effects of different gear changes at the Gearing Commander website. Load your bike's stock data from the drop-down menu and experiment away.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

the exhaust is not going to cause that dramatic of a difference. in fact, you wouldn't be able to feel it at all. a dyno might be able to tell a 1-2 hp difference at max with a can, but you'll never feel it. and it certainly won't keep you from being able to get the front up.

and even a weaker 600 should still be able to clutch up in 2nd gear. what speed are you dumping it at

what bikes have you ridden before?

are you sure the bike is running correctly?

Old 06-19-2013, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Redline is 15.5- 16k I believe... I almost promise your rolling too fast and bouncing off the rev box. Why do you need second gear wheelies anyways??? I thought slower and higher was the idea???