Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

just another wheelie question

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,
im kinda new to the bike scene, only been riding for about a season. I'm really comfortable with my bike(it an f2), and think I'm ready to take the motorcycle experience to the next level. I've been trying to do a wheelie for awhile now, but can't seem to get the front up.
My wheelie entry rpm is around 4k and I think when I release the clutch its somewhere around 6k. I as just wondering if this was too low? And is there just a ball park rpm rage I should be aiming for?
I know every machine will be different, I'm just looking for a range that I can play around with to see where mine needs to be. Thanks for any help or info!!!

Oh and i do have a bigger sprocket in the rear.

Last edited by 74demon; 05-07-2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: merged posts
Old 05-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What gear are you doing this in?

Old 05-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't think about the rpms having to be at a certain rate as that will have you looking down and not concentrating on your wheelie.
rpm speed does not really matter when clutching up.
It comes down to how much you have twisted your throttle.
If you don't stay on the gas the rpm's will drop as soon as you release the clutch.
Just start low and keep twisting the throttle more and more until the front pops up, then you can start learning to stay on the throttle to keep the front up.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Registered Users

Ok, ill try more tonight just playing with the throttle. I'm doing this in 1st gear btw at around 15-20 mph sometimes in second. I'm trying to learn in 1st gear first just to get used to the feeling, then ill go to second. Now I've herd the stand up on the the rear peg( with the left, and covering brake with the right) would be a good way to learn how to handle the clutch and get a feeling for it. Is this really a good idea?

Old 05-08-2013, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by thecbrkid
Now I've herd the stand up on the the rear peg( with the left, and covering brake with the right) would be a good way to learn how to handle the clutch and get a feeling for it. Is this really a good idea?
I wouldn't try that until you get them down first.
Are you used to riding like that? Then why throw another variable in.
That is more of a stance for low speed parking lot wheelies.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:12 AM

I also have an f2 man, and trust me its not that easy to pop a wheelie. First of all I can only do it in 1st gear for some reason, but I cant stay on the throttle and balancing it, so nose always goes down.

If this is gonna be a stunt bike just swap the sprockets and you will make your life alot easier.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Registered Users

I already have the sprockets swaped for more torque. are the f2s really that under powered?

Old 05-09-2013, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by thecbrkid
I already have the sprockets swaped for more torque. are the f2s really that under powered?
No, Its all technique.
There was a video posted the other day of a guy doing a 2nd gear wheelie down the highway on one.
Also a buddy can do wheelies all day long on his 30HP 250.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:31 AM

Yea man, If you already have the big sprocket you should be good to go. Are your doing clutch or throttle wheelies? The clutch is the easiest on these bikes.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Registered Users

Im trying to clutch it up. i just feel like im not giving it enough throttle when I release to clutch. Can anyone give me a ballpark of how much to give?

Quick Reply: just another wheelie question