Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

yamahaSHO's Streetfighter build

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yamahaSHO's Streetfighter build

I posted a few months ago about how I inherited a 1997 CBR 600 F3 and now that winter weather has started, I have a bit more free time. During the warmer months, I mostly focus on track and racing with my Honda S2000, so I wasn't going to get any major work done on my bike project while that was going on. With the free time, I've started looking into exactly what I want to do with the bike. Since it came to me with virtually no farings and had some minor damage, I decided a while back that it would be easier and cheaper to do a Streetfighter build than put it back to a stock-like condition. I also think it would like it better than the OEM look as well.

Here is the bike loaded up for its trip home:

Once I got it home, I wanted to see if it would run... It wouldn't fire up, but cranked over fine, so I started taking it apart.

I didn't get it running yet, but upon taking it apart and pulling plugs, I found the plugs weren't torqued enough to crush the washer, and I'm sure the carbs need some attention.

Now that it's cold out, I've started taking the bike apart a little... I purchased all the seals and such to rebuild the carbs, bought a brand new F4i cluster that I lucked out on as I paid less for it than many are wanting for used ones, and just today, purchased a main harness (for parts) to cut the connectors off of to make the install clean. I am currently planning on putting a 2010ish CBR1000RR tail on the bike as I've seen it done here and it looks great.

As it sits this moment:

I'll go ahead and call it... This will be a slow build. I still have stuff to do to the track car for next season(and other toy car), but I'd like to be able to rid this next year.