Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

starting by build. anything helps.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting by build. anything helps.

well i have a 88 cbr 600. i did have all the fairings on it when i got it but i moved form Oklahoma to abq nm. the bike was in the parking lot and i come out in the morning and it was on its side and a little kid told me a car it and left. well thats a little about my bike.

ok i am wanting to do something a little diff. i am wanting to build a fighter and i need help and tips. i am wanting to build a fighter with a stunt look. i want to put a cage on it and a 12 bar.

i am wanting to get better brake rotors all around. (can you put a f2 front brakes on my f1?) or do i need to just but the forks and rim off a f2. and if so well it fit my bike? and rear brake too. i would like a new calipers too. like a 2 or 4 piston calipers. does anyone know how i can do that or point me in the right way.

the guy i got the bike off of gave me a 54 tooth and a 14 tooth sprocket and a 115 link chain. i really want to put it on but that makes my top speed like 108 to 113 and stock is like 136 to 140. should i do it? it sounds fun. i wan to post pics but its not letting me.

i want to know can i change my foot controls? if so i can't find anything for my f1.

but if you guys have pic or ideas let me know.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:49 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Checked ebay, looks bad for the rearsets, nothing straight off the shelf. Of course if you have someone that could fab adapters you could probly use some other bike's sets. Check the f1 section if someone knows if parts from some other bike would fit straight up. Are you looking for just the footpegs or complete rearsets? Cause I'd reckon you could just bolt on some general aftermarket pegs on the original ones. To post pics, make an account to Picasa, Photobucket etc sharing site, upload your pics there and use the IMG links from there to attach pics here.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

It all depends on how much money you want to spend. Being in the SW, you have some cycle depots that sell salvaged parts. You can almost make any front end fit on your bike, so if you wanted better forks and brakes - I'd look on CL, ebay, or local parts guys and see if anyone has a spare front end. When all is said and done, it probably won't cost more than aftermarket big brakes do for the original baby 'cane.

I would look at websites that make parts specifically for stunting (like Hohey Designs).

Figure out what you want to do, and then start picking little things and get to it.

We'll be here to help.