Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

Conrice's 954 FIGHTER build thread

Old 06-29-2011, 06:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the swingarm and wheel combo.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:07 AM

Conrice, even though there are no updates I still have to come here and look daily. I seriously want that wheel/swinger combo. I think that was the best choice of wheel you could have put on there. A silver front wheel with polished lips would complete it.....

I personally think that you made the right choice with that single headlight. Its clean and simple, and simple is perfect.

If there was a follow button like Twitter here that I could click on I would follow you and Z's build!

Old 06-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

thanks man, i appreciate it.

when i was looking for a rim, i knew i didn't want black, and i knew i wanted that kind of style, but when i got the rim in the mail, i had no idea the paint was going to match that close, i was really happy about it.

and ya, it doesn't match the front now, but its a work in progress, so i think i will end up painting and polishing the lip on the wheel, when i decide to roll up the sleeves and get to work again

as far as the front end goes, i just wish there was a way to bring the whole thing down a couple of inches in a relatively easy way that would make it look okay still - and without the aluminum stock (i think it looks a lil rushed and tacky).

as far as how it rides, there's really no difference. on slow and tight right handers, its a little more prone to sliding - but i think that has something to do with the spacer not being exact, which hopefully i will find a good machinist in a few days - and that'll be fixed.

its a relatively easy mod. its just making the pivot bolt fit your bike, then grinding the arm to make it fit. you'll also have to do a few things like cut the chain guide down, and mess with the triangles and dog-bone to get the ride height right, but other than that, its a pretty easy mod to do

Old 07-05-2011, 01:30 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

hey con, can you shoot me some more pics of the new rear wheels set up?

Old 07-05-2011, 03:16 PM

sure, anything specific you want a pic of?

Old 07-05-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
sure, anything specific you want a pic of?
just some differnt pics at a bunch of different angles....dk if you saw my build today or not but a buddy donated a vfr swinger to my cause haha...

i love having friends, regardless me and the guy that donated it are debating wheel and tire sizes....

you pics are a good reference point

Old 07-05-2011, 03:39 PM

sure, i may not get them up today (work), but i will get them up soon.

although i will tell you this much, i'm running a 17x7 and there is not much room, even with my 190 on there. as well, these pics aren't the most accurate thing anyways because my spacer is not correct yet. i think i'm out 13mm still from dead center if my math is right, but i'm going to do some good measurements this weekend.

if you look at the hub on your VFR arm, you'll notice a 75mm diameter lip on it that is about 5mm in height - thats where i'm having so much trouble finding a machinist who will machine my spacer out for that hub. and then, my spacer is another 8mm too wide - so i figure i'm 13mm out from center.

i'll discuss more with you later on it to show you the problem. buying a stock car spacer has been such a headache, i'm sure you'd be better off having a good machinist build one from scratch.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:49 PM

thx bud, yea keep me updated, my buddy who donated the arm, is a machinist, and is going to face the spacers for me, revoltn on customfighters has the correct sizing for it to be centered, but idk if his offsets are different than yours lol...

i plan on running a 18x8 with a 200 series tire, ill have plenty of clearance with the new subframe though, its skinnier, and has a higher rake angle

Old 07-05-2011, 05:01 PM

here's some more pics.

the way i attacked it - was to make sure at all costs, i made ever measurement based on chain alignment - and it was a good thing because i did end up taking more off one side then the other
Name:  094.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  84.7 KB
pretty straight

here's some more pics. like i said, its tight with my 17x7 on there. i went by revolts sizing on the spacer (30mm spacer on 40mm offset) and its not dead center, but that may be just because of the lip on the hub which is 5mm out. i'll know for sure this weekend.

Name:  093.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  91.9 KB

look there's the space between the arm and the rim, i guestimate about an inch to an inch and a half of room between the rim and arm

Name:  095.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  109.7 KB
Name:  096.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  89.8 KB

pic of how much room is out in front (an 18 in. rim will fit for sure) and you can see the hidden brake line, its really inconspicuous.
Name:  097.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  121.3 KB

and this is the best pic i could get of the lip on the hub. you'll see the spacer on top, the gap between the spacer and hub, and finally the hub and then the brake rotor is on the bottom of the pic. that space (looks black and in the middle of the pic) is what i was talking about and the machinists are not allowing me to machine the spacer for that lip due to safety reasons - but that was my wife talking to them, i may have to go in and explain better on what i need
Name:  099.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  31.2 KB

you sure you'll be able to fit a 200 on a 8 in rim? that seems tight to me, but if it'll fit, it'll fit.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:08 PM

o... and here is an interesting pic. it was weird to me how much wider my 190 pilot power on the car rim was than the 190 pirelli on the 954 rim on the repsol...

Name:  006.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  96.8 KB

and yes, sandals are the perfect shoes for working in the garage

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Conrice's 954 FIGHTER build thread