Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

Conrice's 954 FIGHTER build thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 07:47 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahks
This CBR is about one of the only CBR's I like anymore Love the how it's shaped up dude.
Thanks, that means a lot. How's your Triumph coming along?

Old 01-22-2015, 07:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
Thanks, that means a lot. How's your Triumph coming along?
Slowly.

Chopped the sub down, making a custom tail, goal is carbon fiber...
Something that looks something like this with a Duc Monster integrated brake/turn.
https://i.imgur.com/vYaqPws.jpg
Heres how the brake light fits into that piece
https://i.imgur.com/HiPbxXB.jpg and https://i.imgur.com/KdCU2Hs.jpg
This was my first start. Once I got it ready to sand down into a good clean plug I discovered how asymmetrical it was and scrapped it So I've restarted it from scratch. New plug will be built the same way old school cafe tails are made. Tape over the sub frame, glass the tape. Only my case, I'll be using that as a plug, making a mold from the plug and then laying CF in the mold.

BUT the garage has been too cold for tape to stick to things so I can't even (re)start it and the wife isn't too keen on me fiberglassing in the house It stinks... BAD. Buddy of mine has a bullet heater... I may convince him to let me borrow it. In the mean time I've been trying to gather the parts I need for vacuum bagging and converting an old fridge pump for the task.

Last edited by Ahks; 01-22-2015 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:25 AM

That's going to look really good, I'll keep an eye out for it on CF. Funny enough, my wife hates it when motorcycle parts end up inside too!

Old 01-23-2015, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Conrice
That's going to look really good, I'll keep an eye out for it on CF. Funny enough, my wife hates it when motorcycle parts end up inside too!
They all do my wife dealt with me not having a garage for a year and I finished my r6. Love her for it .

Attached Thumbnails Conrice's 954 FIGHTER build thread-2012-05-26-16.05.41.jpg  
Old 01-23-2015, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by TooBroke0029
They all do my wife dealt with me not having a garage for a year and I finished my r6. Love her for it .
I was able to build my motor imside with the AC this go-around, and I'm thankful for that.

But yeah, I get scolded like the dogs do when there's a handful of parts on the dining room table nowadays.

Old 01-24-2015, 02:01 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man reading those posts makes me soooo grateful of my own well lit warm/cool garage downstairs with a proper workshop, albeit a little cramped and poorly sound insulated... If I'd so much as bring little parts in for taking measurements I'm strictly restricted to downstairs with them where are my office and the laundry room. If I'm super nice I occasionally get a permit to wash parts in the laundry room sink as it's SS and got no hot water in the garage...

Old 01-24-2015, 12:47 PM

I could post some pictures of the gouges in the drywall from pulling the bike up the basement stairs a few springs ago... She has almost daily reminders why I'm not allowed my toys in the house... oops

Been considering dropping the motor so I could throw it over a shoulder and bring it to the basement... But hopefully my m8 will forget I have his heater for a while And hopefully I don't asphyxiate on the kerosene fumes

Old 01-29-2015, 10:53 AM

Exhaust came

Name:  IMG_20150129_113317_zps52nvsisp.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  56.1 KB

Here's where its going to go... kinda

Obviously, I have to shorten the mid pipes and go 4-1

Name:  IMG_20150129_113333_zpsux1fuebf.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  75.4 KB

I ordered all of the fittings for my hydro-clutch conversion (40" in hose, 5/16 npt to 3an fitting, banjo, etc). So that will be good.

I also came to the disappointing realization that my gixxer tank is asymmetrical... and I can't get it back into line to match the frame rails evenly, so I have to get another one.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ahks
I could post some pictures of the gouges in the drywall from pulling the bike up the basement stairs a few springs ago... She has almost daily reminders why I'm not allowed my toys in the house... oops

Been considering dropping the motor so I could throw it over a shoulder and bring it to the basement... But hopefully my m8 will forget I have his heater for a while And hopefully I don't asphyxiate on the kerosene fumes
I have a garage to work on my bike, but I would much rather bring it down the stairs into my basement. It's where my room, computer and other toys are at.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:27 AM

So, since the gixxer tank is pretty well screwed, I started toying around with 3 options.
  • 03-04 gixxer tank (what I have)

• 01-02 gixxer tank

• 03-04 zx 636 tank

All use the fuel pump I have. The biggest plus of the 636 tank is the fact that the mount bolts on, which means no welding. But I'm not sure if it'll fit over the airbox (same issue with the 954 tank). Oh, and, I think, the 636 would give me another inch or so for a longer seat, which would sit me closer to the front and help with an already light front end...

Help me decide!

Quick Reply: Conrice's 954 FIGHTER build thread