Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

The CBR500RR that should have been!

Old 10-10-2014, 01:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The CBR500RR that should have been!

This isnt exactly your floor model CBR, but its the bike or at least a representation of what I wish honda would have done! This started life as a 98 CR250 and I transplanted a CR500 engine and grafted Aprilia RS250 kit body work onto the frame. None of the body work is actually attached yet so please dont hate its slowly coming along!

Attached Thumbnails The CBR500RR that should have been!-img_14861.jpg   The CBR500RR that should have been!-img_13461.jpg  
Old 10-10-2014, 01:45 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...what?! That seems quirky enough to actually work! More info and pics please, this I want to see!

Can you get that registered when it's done? Up here would require a heap of paperwork so tall it would leave the book version of the whole LOTR saga to it's shadow both height and content wise. Engine swap with a100% displacement increase, totally different braking system, body panels electrics... dunno would it even be possible here because of the 50% rule... Oh how I'd want to see the look on the lady at the DMV counter when you're explaining for the fourth time to her what's been done to it.

Are you sure the frame can take the torque? Don't have the figures of those engines at hand and can't dig them up atm either.

Last edited by Mattson; 10-10-2014 at 01:56 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattson
...what?! That seems quirky enough to actually work! More info and pics please, this I want to see!

Can you get that registered when it's done? Up here would require a heap of paperwork so tall it would leave the book version of the whole LOTR saga to it's shadow both height and content wise. Engine swap with a100% displacement increase, totally different braking system, body panels electrics... dunno would it even be possible here because of the 50% rule... Oh how I'd want to see the look on the lady at the DMV counter when you're explaining for the fourth time to her what's been done to it.

Are you sure the frame can take the torque? Don't have the figures of those engines at hand and can't dig them up atm either.

The frame should handle the torque just fine, I am certainly not the first nor will I be the last to do the gen 1 AF conversion. I live in an amazing state where we can register damn near any thing with lights and mirrors. If its a car it has to be emissions compliant as well for what ever year its modeled after emission spec. So for instance if you built a BRAND new 1966 Ferrari replica it would only have to meet the 1966 regulations. After 25 years I believe cars are exempt from emissions here but that was just an example.

I will try and get more pictures up with the next bit of work, replacing all the swinger and shock linkage bearings! I have to do that before I get the frame measured. The forks are the correct length "30 inches" for geometry and that unfortunately meant most USD forks are too short... The reason I need to use a Scheibner CMS is to figure out triple clamp offset and rear shock height. We have a race series that allows 450 4t's to race with TZ250 body work and i got the fork length from the newer chassis. My triples are +35mm offset and the 450's use -2mm offset! I just want to be sure before I go having one off parts made that my rake and trail are spot on for grip! The rear will likely need to be shortened a little with a much stiffer spring. Geometry issues aside as long as it wheelies it will be fun and hopefully turn some heads along our main drag

Old 10-10-2014, 05:15 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Name:  caoz1yX.gif
Views: 12
Size:  2.16 MB

Yes.

EDIT:

I need to move this out of the 600rr section.

Last edited by Conrice; 10-10-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^😂😂😂. Any finished pictures of the bodywork done?? Just curious.

Search this Thread