Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

ideas on an 03 fighter

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ideas on an 03 fighter

so i just bought this bike and im new to the forum so hey all. Ended up buying a 2003 CBR 600 f4i with 9k on the motor. it was a stunt bike and the frame is very straight and subframe.

so im needing ideas on some fab.

so far ive ripped the plastics off..
harness is out and getting redone..
super motard light orderd..
has a 954 front end with full adj trip tree clamps..
and making a mold for the front fender, cut the bottom fairings and making a mold for that also, and also have a mold in design for the tail and undertail but needed ideas on that on the wrap.. i was thinking of doing it all in green woven carbon kevlar but eh. ideas on that? and what people did to shorten there subframe and what was the cons? pics will be up very soon.

Thanks

Old 12-13-2011, 05:40 PM

pics of progress on the bike

bike when bought

plastics off and harness out

subframe is off and have all new hardware for the bike minus the motor and harness is being rebuilt engine is getting dropped soon but i still need a wiring diagram if someone could help me out. i could not find what that is legible to read.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:44 AM

cool no one is helping out. ran into a mold problem. need ideas on how and what people are making molds out of? i wrapped the tail in fiberglass matte and then for the hardware inserts i used woven glass but it still needs alot of cutting and fab to it, carbon would be really hard to fab once cured, any ideas on a route to go with a solid mold. or ya think i should just stick with the glass which is easy to work with?

Old 12-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You might would've gotten more interest or feedback had you started off w/ an introduction in the new member section. Nevertheless... Welcome to the forum. We're glad you're here. Hopefully, you'll get some more feedback, helps, & tips, as your project progresses.

As for the wiring diagrams... See the factory Honda service manual. Links for the online pdf version are avail here on the forum. Also, there are many wiring threads in the F4i sections that should also be of assistance.

Looks like you have a good solid bike for your project.

The 954 forks look good. Is the entire setup all from the 954?

I don't care for the John Deere colors on that bike, especially the frame/swingarm. Are you planning on stripping it, leaving it, or repainting?

Hang in there. Hopefully, you'll get some more suggestions. Good luck w/ your project.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
You might would've gotten more interest or feedback had you started off w/ an introduction in the new member section. Nevertheless... Welcome to the forum. We're glad you're here. Hopefully, you'll get some more feedback, helps, & tips, as your project progresses.

As for the wiring diagrams... See the factory Honda service manual. Links for the online pdf version are avail here on the forum. Also, there are many wiring threads in the F4i sections that should also be of assistance.

Looks like you have a good solid bike for your project.

The 954 forks look good. Is the entire setup all from the 954?

I don't care for the John Deere colors on that bike, especially the frame/swingarm. Are you planning on stripping it, leaving it, or repainting?

Hang in there. Hopefully, you'll get some more suggestions. Good luck w/ your project.
thanks on the feed back will check up on the wiring. as for the 954 setup it is just the forks, clipons and the triple trees. brakes are the f4i i believe. as for the john deer colors? they are not staying. the bike is completely torn down and will be sandblasted and powdercoated some kind of a red in the next week. the bike needs alot of minor work like hardware and such. so im glad i ripped it down to just build it for me..

Old 12-20-2011, 10:43 PM

I've been watching your thread and you have a nice base there. I would have chimed in with some advice but you seem to be working with materials I've never experimented with. I don't have any experience with carbon or kevlar but there is a nice carbon fiber tutorial in the how to section of the forum:
https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mecha...-fiber-116926/

As far as the sub frame goes I think it all depends on what you are after with that tail design. You can browse through the threads here and see people have gone a few different ways. Are you going to be doing a solo seat, a conversion, an aftermarket tail, or your own new design? If you don't plan on having passengers everything past your *** is optional and only is a mount for the plastics/light. Here is an extreme example of it chopped down:
https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-fi...ighter-122543/

Old 12-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

good idea on the 954 front end....

i'll be watching. lookin' good so far

one thing i'll say is... i can't stand how "plain jane" the swingarm is. it'd be sweet if you could find another one that had some cool bracing to it that was a moderately easy swap.

cons to shortening rear subframe is that to get an agressive look and make it smaller - you can't really handle 2 people unless you spend a ton of money - so it'll be a solo rider if you go crazy with the tail and bracing for it.

Last edited by Conrice; 12-21-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
one thing i'll say is... i can't stand how "plain jane" the swingarm is. it'd be sweet if you could find another one that had some cool bracing to it that was a moderately easy swap.
OP, if Conrice's recommendation is something your interested in, here's a thread on ozf4i's swingarm conversion & other mods...
https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...ed-f4i-125554/

Old 12-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gotcbr
OP, if Conrice's recommendation is something your interested in, here's a thread on ozf4i's swingarm conversion & other mods...
https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...ed-f4i-125554/
nice.... it just looks so much better. perfect example

Old 12-21-2011, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by davideokills
I've been watching your thread and you have a nice base there. I would have chimed in with some advice but you seem to be working with materials I've never experimented with. I don't have any experience with carbon or kevlar but there is a nice carbon fiber tutorial in the how to section of the forum:
https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mecha...-fiber-116926/

As far as the sub frame goes I think it all depends on what you are after with that tail design. You can browse through the threads here and see people have gone a few different ways. Are you going to be doing a solo seat, a conversion, an aftermarket tail, or your own new design? If you don't plan on having passengers everything past your *** is optional and only is a mount for the plastics/light. Here is an extreme example of it chopped down:
https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-fi...ighter-122543/
thanks. i seen that 95 f3 and i think that was the point why i decided streetfighter. and as the update i actually cut the pass seat off the tail fairing and used the 4 side bolts as the same mount and loaded a foam insert. then used a modeling clay to shorten and mold half the tail to my design. so there is 2 molds right now. and they will be pieced together after wrapped. but i will be using a fiberglass to make the hollow hardened reusable molds and doing it incase someone wants the mold too. if they like it. just fyi i wrap the outside of the mold and lay the inside for the finished part so there will be no gap issues if i go with the carbon kevlar or even just carbon. and the subframe has been cut allready right before the passenger seat so i will have all fasteners in the new tail.

Quick Reply: ideas on an 03 fighter