Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

thirdgen's massive F4i rebuild thread.... pix intense!!

Old 04-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow!!!Glad you are back on the road.This has got to be the best ever write up.Makes me want to hold on to mine forever.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's a great write up, I'm glad to see her running again

I read you original post and I say good for you for rebuilding. You managed to do your bike and pay off some debt... I'm jelous, lol.

bike looks awesome, good job!

Old 04-10-2010, 08:21 PM

Congrats man! Your old motor looked like it held up pretty nice. What motor oil and filter did you use?

Old 04-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Congrats. I had tears of joy just reading all of this and you finally got her cranked up and got to ride her.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This has all the elements of one of the best love stories ever.
So good, I made my wife watch it. Then at the end, I told her she needs to get in touch with her masculine side.....

Seriously, though, Jared.... what a hell of a job. That's a lot of work, dedication, and skill. Big props to you.
I've been told a couple of my cars/thumpers weren't worth the work, but screw what everyone else says. Never dug into a 4cyl bike motor that far, though. And with cars, when the cranks go, I tend to replace motors.
But anything else is fair game...
I know what you mean about the satisfaction when she fires. What a feeling.

Great story, great write-up..... and I wish you another 177k safe and trouble-free miles. She looks and sounds awesome.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Nex

WoW! Amazing write-up, great pix, and your dedication to your bike is legendary! Great job! Enjoy the ride! God knows you deserve it!

Old 04-12-2010, 01:45 PM

great write up. it shows how much you love your bike. and how well you have taken care of it, the engine being in better shape than 1 with 15k miles on it. nothing like complete disassembly and fixing the problem with your own two hands. hell you might feel even closer to your bike now .... ok thats probably not possible.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:42 PM

What a write-up! And the pics + videos were fantastic. Glad it worked out nicely for you! Safe travels!

Old 04-12-2010, 07:48 PM

WOW, what a write up. Not only did I read through the entire thing but I actually booked marked it for some of those pictures. I have never torn into the f4i engine and now have some nice internal pictures for if the day ever shall arise.

Great dedication. All you need is a body man and you could pull off a wicked little shop.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congratulations on a job well done. I've seen so many of your roadtrip pics in the past & hoped that would continue. Glad to see it will! :-) Glad that you made out like a bandit w/ your insurance company as well. Sometimes the planets really do line up for a great result. ;-) Thanks for the write-up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: thirdgen's massive F4i rebuild thread.... pix intense!!