Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Interesting motorcycle pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 06:16 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattson
So...were there any casualties when that spraybomb exploded? Looks like at least a few megatons...
What are you trying to say Matti? You don't like my new "bling"?

Last edited by Conrice; 11-21-2014 at 06:32 PM. Reason: The streetfighter-er is a different breed, and we have our own situations. Pure speed in sixth gear
Old 11-22-2014, 02:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
Well, lets look at it this way.

Is a Can-Am a motorcycle?

not sure about other states, but here in indiana, if its classified as a motorcycle, it cannot have a steering wheel, thats why the can-am is road legal here, but not the polaris
so basically if polaris classified is as a car, it could be legal, but of course then registration fees/insurance would go up so you might as well buy an actual car.

Old 11-24-2014, 04:03 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Yum , a Britten. 3 decades on, and still one of the coolest bikes ever.

Please note in photo two the exhaust plugs (I believe in a certain kind of movies that Scoutmasters enjoy watching; these may be referred to as Buttplugs ; but I digress).

Apparently they will minimize the danger of chaffinch flying up your exhaust pipe and creating nests. To be fair, never really a problem I have had.

But, then I don't own a Britten; maybe chaffinch are quite selective about where they nest?

And the Mobil 1 sponsorship that appears on every Britten, I was fortunate enough to be living in Christchurch at the time. Working as a rep for Mobil, and getting a call one day from this crazy lunatic guy who had an idea for a world beating V twin.

I worked with him to put him in touch with the right people for sponsorship by Mobil.

He was right, I was wrong. He told me he was gonna build the fastest V Twin in the world, I assumed he was a slight nutbar, and passed him off to someone in Head Office to deal with.

So, if you have any sponsorship idea's : I am very clearly not the guy to talk to.

Last edited by kiwi TK; 11-26-2014 at 05:25 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator
Received 311 Likes on 255 Posts

Got to admit, it's a good thing I can't afford one. Their HQ is here in town, if I had the $$ my wife would probably put a restraining order on me for the place.
Hellcat | Confederate Motorcycles

Old 11-28-2014, 04:38 AM

Well, lets look at it this way.

Is a Can-Am a motorcycle?

Even if you need an MC license to ride it - I don't consider it one. It leans the wrong way and has too many wheels.
In a very purist sense I guess it's not.

But almost every person I see riding one in this country does the big old hobble from the gas pump to the cash desk. They have usually been seriously biffed off bikes in a former life, but still continue to enjoy a lot of the thrills that a big bore motorcycle can provide.

Let's just remember that could happen to anyone of us tomorrow.

Be careful out there guys, every other road user is a complete feckin idiot.

You could easily be looking at the Can Am option way sooner than you think.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 311 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
In a very purist sense I guess it's not.

But almost every person I see riding one in this country does the big old hobble from the gas pump to the cash desk. They have usually been seriously biffed off bikes in a former life, but still continue to enjoy a lot of the thrills that a big bore motorcycle can provide.

Let's just remember that could happen to anyone of us tomorrow.

Be careful out there guys, every other road user is a complete feckin idiot.

You could easily be looking at the Can Am option way sooner than you think.
Good words sir. Very well stated.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lauren Francis
Can am roadsters are snowmobiles on wheels
the first time i saw one, thats what i thought it was.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:22 AM
Default Bad Sh!te happens.

Some people just deal with it, some people buy a Can Am . I would never criticize either choice; if I am ever in that place; I will obviously make the call that is right for me.

Double amputee is Al on wheels | Otago Daily Times Online News : Otago, South Island, New Zealand & International News

Old 11-29-2014, 09:11 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm not critical of Can-Ams, they just aren't motorcycles. They don't lean. And they have flat profile tires. I'm not saying they aren't fun, or anything, just not a motorcycle. If something happened to me that required I ride a Can-am, I'd have fun on it (and be very thankful that such an option existed), however I'd still miss my motorcycle. It just wouldn't be the same.

Quick Reply: Interesting motorcycle pictures