F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Unhappy with Auctmarts fairings

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 03:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Unhappy with Auctmarts fairings

On 1/11/11, I ordered a complete fairing set on ebay, from seller auctmarts. I recieved the fairing set on 2/7/11 and was very dissapointed to see that they had painted the upper fairing and the lower fairings two different shades of yellow. What!? is the painter at auctmarts color blind!?Name:  doesnotmatchtext.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  132.3 KB

I immediately sent auctmarts a message about this problem. After several emails they finally agreed to fix the problem by sending me another upper and both lower fairings all painted to match... if I could wait two weeks. Well the idea of waiting to weeks before I could even get my gas tank painted to match, did not appeal to me... but at least the seller had agreed to make it right. So I said okay.

Well guess what? Two weeks came and went and I still had no matching fairings. I emailed them to ask for a status update. They responded to that saying it will be 7 to 10 days before they even ship from HONG KONG!
Needless to say, this made me very unhappy. Why is it that they are so unwilling to make this problem right, at least not in a timely fashion?

Based on this lack of customer service I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND AUCTMARTS FAIRINGS to anyone. If there is a problem with your order you better not mind waiting over a month for any type of correction.

I have filed a case with ebay and will update this post as the case progresses. If you are thinking about getting these fairings for your bike, Just get them from a cheaper seller or get used OEM. Auctmarts charged a premium price and delivered poor quality customer service.

To: sales@auctmarts.com
Date: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 3:55 AM

Dear auctmarts,

Hello, I received my fairing kit today February 7, 2011. Overall I would say the quality is very good, however I have one problem:
It appears as though the upper fairing was not coated with enough Yellow paint, as a result the color does not match this part with the two lower fairing pieces. The attached photo does show what I am writing about but when viewed in person the difference in color is much more dramatic. here is the picture http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z235/lasvegasharley/2001 CBR 600 F4i/doesnotmatchtext.jpg - f.frank

To: f.frank
Subject: Re: Item I received is not as described: f.frank sent a message about CBR600 F4i CBR 600 01 02 03 Honda Fairing c06 #290512827246
Sent Date: Feb-07-11 22:51:50
Dear f.frank,
I am very sorry to learn that happen, how about we offer you some free gift and you will happy with the order? and please do not leave us any neutral or negative feedback.

regards
auctmarts

Date: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 2:57 PM

Dear auctmarts,
I don't want a free gift. I want the matching fairing set that I paid for, If I did not care about paint match, i would have ordered only the pieces I needed. I ordered the entire set so that the paint color will match. I can not understand why you would send these pieces to me that do not match. If you can not make this right then i would like to return this kit for a full refund as this is not what I want to pay for.
- f.frank

Subject: Re: auctmarts sent a message about CBR600 F4i CBR 600 01 02 03 Honda Fairing c06 #290512827246
Sent Date: Feb-07-11 23:08:01 PST
Dear f.frank,
how about we offer you some partial refund? and would you mind to send me some pictures of another side? and I will show that to my manager.

regards
auctmarts

Date: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 3:15 PM
Dear auctmarts,
I Can not take another picture as I have already packed it back in the box. the other side looks the same. Why are you not interested in correcting my problem. MY PROBLEM IS NOT MONEY OR FREE GIFTS.... MY PROBLEM IS YOU SENT ME A FAIRING SET THAT IS TWO DIFFERENT SHADES OF YELLOW. If you cannot make this right I want to return this set. I am trying to communicate with you as a favor, to you, before I file a case with ebay and paypal, you however do not seem interested in fixing your mistake.
- f.frank

Subject: Re: auctmarts sent a message about CBR600 F4i CBR 600 01 02 03 Honda Fairing c06 #290512827246
Sent Date: Feb-08-11 03:14:38 PST
Dear f.frank,
Hello,
I will send you 3 pieces replacement, but would you mind to wait 2 weeks? and please do not leave us any neutral or negative feedback.

regards
auctmarts

Date: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 11:58 PM
Dear auctmarts,
That would work out nicely. ebay rules say that I only have 45 days from the time of payment for them to help in this type of problem. If this problem has not been completely resolved by February 22, 2011 I will have no choice but to open a case with ebay and paypal.
- f.frank

Sent Date: Feb-08-11 20:22:17 PST
Dear f.frank,

please do not leave us any neutral or negative feedback, and please do not open any case against us.
regards
auctmarts

Date: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 2:30 PM

Dear auctmarts,
I do not want to leave you neutral or negative feed back and I do not want to open any case with ebay or paypal. I just want to have matching paint on my fairings.
I will leave positive feed back when this problem is fixed. I am very happy with your service aside from the paint with two different shades of yellow. I would like to get this problem solved as soon as possible. If it takes 2 weeks, that is fine with me.
Just please be clear and honest about how you will make the problem right. As I understand it, your solution is to send me a new upper, left lower and right lower with matching yellow. That solution is fine and is even more that what is needed. I just need an upper fairing that has the same yellow as the lower fairings that you already sent me. If it is a problem to paint match without the parts in your hands, then I understand why you are suggesting 3 pieces.

Please confirm what your plans in this matter are.

Thank you,
- f.frank

Sent Date: Feb-08-11 22:56:26 PST
Dear f.frank,
because we have difficulty on matching the yellow, so we decided to send you 3 pieces.

Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 9:57 AM
Dear auctmarts,
Do you have any update for me about my mismatched fairing set? Wednesday 2/23/2011 will be two weeks since you last communicated with me. I am still here with these parts that do not match and you have my $599.00.
You indicated that it would take 2 weeks to get me 3 matching pieces. I informed you that if this problem was not completely resolved by 2/22/2011, I would have no choice but to file a case with ebay and paypal as they have a policy of 45 days from time of payment to help with this kind of problem.
I really hope you will fix this problem. I have agreed to let you replace the mismatching parts, but if it is going to take more than the agreed upon 2 weeks, I would simply prefer a refund of my $599.00.

I am very unhappy as this is not what I paid for. I feel that I have been more than patient with you and would like to see this matter resolved as quickly as possible.

- f.frank

Sent: Feb-21-11 10:56 PM
Dear f.frank,

within 7-10 days, the replacement parts will be shipped out.

regards
auctmarts

Old 02-22-2011, 04:27 AM

Im going threw the same issue.. I bought fairings from ebay $600. After 2 months they finnaly came. The box was annihilated dropkicked an pissed on. Parts are broken he said he would send me new peices. Its been over 2 weeks and im still waiting for a tracking #.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by F2Resurrection
Im going threw the same issue.. I bought fairings from ebay $600. After 2 months they finnaly came. The box was annihilated dropkicked an pissed on. Parts are broken he said he would send me new peices. Its been over 2 weeks and im still waiting for a tracking #.
well you should be advised that you only have 45 days from the date you paid to open a case with ebay.

good luck to us both.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:31 AM

i ordered a tail from moto solution.. it was $135 shipped.. i figured not that bad.. get it a month later after the told me it would be close to stock paint but not perfect, i was like ok as long as it's close...i got it and it looked like grey primer...then they put the stickers on it and clear coated the whole thing...i was pissed... they refunded me $10.. i told him it will cost me more than $10 for the sand paper to sand it let alone have it painted...why can't an american company that knows what they are doing sell a fairing at a decent price....

Old 02-22-2011, 06:59 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Wow that blows man. Hopefully you get it straightened out in the end. Here is another thread started a couple days ago from another member who had bad experience with them as well. https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/auctmart-complaint-rant-121451/. I used to read a ton of good things on them but now it is nothing but problems and headaches. Good luck with everything.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:41 AM

Sorry to hear your troubles, as R Dub mentioned i made a thread yesterday complaining about Auctmarts as well. I hadn't ordered anything yet, but was trying to get information on prices and shipping, their responses were not only shady but constantly avoiding the question. Never gave a straight answer. Seems they cared more about their "review" then your actual complaint. I don't think this has anything to do with them being Chinese, it's just a poor business method. Best of luck! I hope this gets solved.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Banned

Pretty sure that copying the OEM design and reselling is exactly the reason you see them in China. What do you think is going to happen buying from a company with *awesome* business principles, horrible English, cheap prices, and slowww shipping?

If you notice all the other manufacturers make race bodies or use a different material or don't paint them in order to stay legal. You're going to get what you pay for and if you want a decent set your best bet is to buy used OEM, or to buy some race bodies and paint them yourself.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by madman
Pretty sure that copying the OEM design and reselling is exactly the reason you see them in China. What do you think is going to happen buying from a company with *awesome* business principles, horrible English, cheap prices, and slowww shipping?

If you notice all the other manufacturers make race bodies or use a different material or don't paint them in order to stay legal. You're going to get what you pay for and if you want a decent set your best bet is to buy used OEM, or to buy some race bodies and paint them yourself.
Sure, if we all walked around with wads of money. The reason these companies are able to sell is because they found a loophole, sure. That doesn't make us any less valuable as customers, and it sure as hell doesn't make us care about good service. I'm still debating between CBRFairings.com and Delkevic.us, so i'd rather get insight on that.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad I ordered from Delkevic... Fairings came in less than 7 working days and fit perfectly; granted, I didn't order painted fairings. GLW everything!

Old 02-22-2011, 05:19 PM

id file a case if you only have 45 days.

Quick Reply: Unhappy with Auctmarts fairings