Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

What is it with guys on Harley's??

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahaha My dad rides a Harley and I don't get it. It doesn't perform like my F4i, isn't as fast, doesn't look as cool, looks like it's going to rattle itself apart every time it runs, has enough chrome on it to blind the sun, and is a heavy MFer... Why? I don't know, they just like that kind of stuff I guess. I haven't caught REAL crap from any of those guys because I'm always open carrying my .40 caliber pistol on my hip... One look at that and they know I'm not F'n around. Usually keeps them from saying much of anything other than "nice bike"

Old 07-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just found a new Harley friend today on my way to work. I was cruising (yes, sport bikes can cruise) on my way to work on the Interstate at pretty much the speed of everyone else around me. All of a sudden I noticed a Harley chopper zip past everyone in the far left lane with his left hand in the air flashing a peace sign. I pulled out of cruise mode and got in behind him. I was content to just follow to see what he would do.

We weren't going all that much faster than the flow of traffic. His exit was apparently coming up because all of a sudden he took off, well as much "taking off" as a Harley chopper can do, I guess. He got down into a sport bike racing forward lean position. I pulled up next to him and gave it a couple of throttle burps.

Although I couldn't see his face I sensed that he had a big smile and that he was just playing. I gave him a wave and went on my way and he took the exit.

Most Harley riders seem caught up in their own little world but this guy was pretty cool. I'd shake his hand and buy him a drink if it was a Friday night and we were at the bar.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:25 PM

V-rod is not 30K i think they start at 14K nightster is 15-16K and Vrod muscle is 18 or 19K MSRP andi'm sure it's less at the dealer... yeah, but sport bikes are more affordable that most cruisers even 1L bikes only one exceptions being Ducatti which goes up to $39,999 MSRP...

Old 07-15-2010, 05:51 PM

I used to have a silver '03 v-rod ... sold it before i went overseas because that ****er was WAAAYYY too expensive for the amount of bike that i got ... for the price i paid for it i coulda just went and got me a BMW S1000R today .... but I found another dude who loved harleys (way too much for his own good) to buy it ... I'll never own another one .......... ever ...

Old 07-20-2010, 01:38 AM

This question has been asked many times. I worked with an older guy who had a nice Harley and I asked him why they don't like sportbike riders, in general. He said because some are squids and some are too inexperienced to be in such a powerful bike. Most young riders like to start on 600cc bikes (like myself). Probably not too good of an idea for all. Depending on the maturity level of the rider, they could potentially be a hazard to themselves and to all other riders. Especially if they didn't take MSF. My two cents.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:14 PM

i can def understand their logic. So by that same rationale i should assume that all harley riders are old ******* that are blind and cant see and to fraile and weak to handle a 3 ton bike with enough horsepower to move a small nation.lol Thanks for the info bro at least i can sort of understand where they are coming from. they are still *******

Old 07-20-2010, 12:51 PM

^HAHA
Oh yeah, and it's about the whole bad boy rebel image thing. And possibly attention. Maybe its possible that they don't like that sportbikes get more attention.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:55 PM

Well i am not a Harley rider by for, but if i was to get a cruiser it must be a M109 anyway,I have a buddy that has a road king, and guess what he always seemed to pop up at my house wanting to ride the CBR 900. he always ask lets switch for a day, i say nah, but you can go get your rocks off with my bike, just bring her back on a full tank and leave your crap here incase something happends. He is a pretty cool guy but my question is just becasue you have a harley dont mean you have to have the harley apperal, now that i notice all Harley guys must have the boots the T-shirt, hats, glass, gloves & all. but thats them.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:14 PM

i went for a 2 day ride this past weekend,had the wife on back becouse of anniversary...anyway,she saw it first hand. about 30 times through out the weekend
we would come up behinda solo pos harley, pull into a staggerd bike position an
f;ers would start swerving back and forth like saying "you cant ride by me!" so i did
what any responsible guy would do and dropped a gear and left em going slow making lots of noise.
on a cooler note we stopped by a bar for lunch and meet a group of around 15 guys on pre 78 Kawis. these guys were from around the world, england,france,canada.
cafed out, those guys were REALLY cool!!! the brits drank alittle more than i would have but seemed to ride streighter than the harley homos!!

Old 07-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My

A lot of Harley riders are mid-life crisis middle management types (btw, how the **** do you hit a midlife crisis at 35???) who are yes man pr!cks to begin with. And what they are in the office carries over onto the bike. I see them all the time from the corporate office. They work out of the tallest building here in Philly so they mistakenly believe they're above the common man. Where in reality their position in that building is actually lower and more tenuous than mine, a black collar worker (black being the actual color of our collar after a hard day of sweaty, dirty work).

That said, that's what a "lot" of the Harley riders are. The old head owner of this Harley:
Name:  a374da35.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  83.9 KB

Also owns this:
Name:  a157f687.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  87.6 KB

and is a evil, cantankerous old bastard who is always yelling at anyone under the age of 60 about being on his property, how you park on the street and the clothes you wear. He also helped me several times working on my F3, lent me tools and took the time to cover my F3 if it suddenly rained while I was away. And tho I've never met him in person our admin here, Chainstretcher, went over to the Dark Side of the Force yet still puts in a ton of hours keeping a forum going for a style of bike he no longer has.

There are bad cops. And there are good cops
There are bad priests. And there are good priests.
There are bad politicians. And there are... well politicians I would at least recommend Purgatory for

It's all about the person, not the stereotype.

Quick Reply: What is it with guys on Harley's??