Road Trips Post up your road trips here!

Vietnam 2014, The 'Bears Winter Sojourn

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 04:49 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All photos saved to a secret sub sub sub folder, which will enable me to reproduce them at inappropriate moments in the future.

You obviously got totally into the whole Harley experience there mate, open face helmet and a ciggie.

Have you seen the new Harleys released today?, Electric; probably even have a ciggie lighter built in.

And on a side note; very glad to hear that no farm animals were harmed in the creation of that post.

Last edited by kiwi TK; 06-24-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
All photos saved to a secret sub sub sub folder, which will enable me to reproduce them at inappropriate moments in the future.

You obviously got totally into the whole Harley experience there mate, open face helmet and a ciggie.

Have you seen the new Harleys released today?, Electric; probably even have a ciggie lighter built in.

And on a side note; very glad to hear that no farm animals were harmed in the creation of that post.

Some I saw were mighty purty though!

Cheers, SB

Old 06-25-2014, 06:25 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A little less power than what you are used to, you would be glad to get back on the ural!

Old 07-31-2014, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Well in this increasingly misleadingly named thread, it's time for a mini update.

Mrs SB and I have been loving our time in Mailhac - pronounced 'my-ac' - and have been loaned a Renault Espace for our French travels. We've done a few hops, seen some beautiful countryside and castles, drank some fantastic wine and eaten some superb food.

You may have noted we have had little time for the internet as our days have been long and tiring.

The Espace now has new front suspension and ball joints, I gave it a full service today -and ordering spare parts with NO French language at all is an experience in itself!

We are now heading off for the Pyrenees, Spain and Andorra for the next couple of weeks, then we fly to the UK to catch up with a few friends, then back to France for a couple of days before heading to Morocco for 3 weeks. That should effectively see the coffers emptied and we will just have to return home to earn some more for the next journey.

Hopefully when we actually get to sit down for a while with an internet connection, we will be able to put up a few pictures.

Cheers, The Travelling 'Bears

Old 07-31-2014, 01:56 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like you're having quite a worldwide adventure. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics. I'll be back in France for two weeks in August 2015.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
It sounds like you're having quite a worldwide adventure. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics. I'll be back in France for two weeks in August 2015.
That's a year away!! 'Tis a wonderful place. Mrs SB had wanted to come here since she was 6 and I was saying 'Nah! It's for old people - we'll do it when we're older'

I was wrong and happy to admit it.

We are enjoying this as much as any other journey we have done. And will be back when possible!

Unfortunately this time, Matti's kind offer of hospitality in Finland will have to be passed up - and we did try to fit it in Matti!

So will France be a holiday for you - and where abouts?

Cheers, SB

Old 07-31-2014, 03:02 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Quite alright Seb, if I would have to choose between spain, france and morocco what to skip to come here... fin-what?

Maybe next time then, the offer doesn't have an expiration date.

Currently at the garage having a beer sized break from the rainbow colored ratsnest that once was the wiring harness of a Daytona... maybe this forever-project will be ready then too...

Old 08-02-2014, 01:02 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
So will France be a holiday for you - and where abouts?
We go there every 4 years for a 1200k bicycling event that I ride in (Paris-Brest-Paris). Although the ride itself will only take around 60 hours to complete we're there several weeks and visit various places. We stay on the outskirts of Paris.

Old 08-02-2014, 07:50 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
'Tis a wonderful place. Mrs SB had wanted to come here since she was 6 and I was saying 'Nah! It's for old people - we'll do it when we're older'

I was wrong and happy to admit it.
Is it possible that you now meet your own self imposed criteria for visiting France?

And please fill us in on the launch from Vietnam to France.

I appreciate that it that it used to be called French Indochina; but it does seem a bit of a stretch from Farmstay minder in 'Nam , to Renault fixer in France.

Last edited by kiwi TK; 08-02-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

Ahhhhhh, 'tis a long story TK, but essentially came down to a couple of offers we couldn't refuse including the use of a vehicle and a house in Mailhac as a base.

We have just come back from 11 days camping through the Pyrenees, into Andorra - saw a very good motorcycle museum there - then into Spain, north along the coast and back into France and the Black Mountains, finally getting 'home' last night.

The flight is booked for Friday and we fly to Manchester for a couple of weeks in the UK before returning to France for a week. Then there's Morocco for three weeks before flying home to face reality once more.

My camera failed the last day in Cambodia, so the 'phone has been pressed into use. Still haven't managed to download the pictures and put them up -slack I know, but we are trying to fully utilise our time away.

The Renault Espace will be having a thorough clean today before handing it back to Ross - in better condition than we borrowed it.

Cheers, the Travelling 'Bears

Last edited by Sebastionbear1; 08-12-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Vietnam 2014, The 'Bears Winter Sojourn