Road Racing Tell your stories here.

MotoGP 2017

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MotoGP 2017

MotoGP?

Anyone here excited for the new season? Marquez is going to do Repsol Honda proud again.

Any favorites?

I kinda stopped watching after Stoner retired, man he was a beast on the Honda. Pretty much untouchable. He is currently one of the fastest at Sepang (#7)...and he's just a test rider. Sigh, wish he would come back.

Last season was incredible and now with Lorenzo on the new Ducati...gonna be a good one.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:14 AM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Maveric Vinales on a factory Yamaha, Marquez might have his hands full

Don't think Lorenzo will be in the mix early in the season, maybe a championship contender for 2018.

Rossi will be up there, but Vinales might be the fly in his ointment

Crutchlow could be up for a couple of wins.

Ianone on a Suzuki, he's got things to prove and I'm sure he'd like to make Lorenzo look bad.

Yes very excited, don't think it's going to be another re-run of the Mark Marquez show

Apparently testing 15th - 17th Feb at Phillip Island.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator
Received 310 Likes on 254 Posts

I am more than ready for the season to start. I was unable to watch last season as it was only a channel to which I don't subscribe. I couldn't justify paying the $$ for just that.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@hawk Vinales is the new wonderkin huh? Yeah, even marquez says he is faster than rossi.

Which team has the best bike you think?

@hamlin Yeah where I was at you can't watch it so I had to find an illegal stream to watch. =P

Old 02-13-2017, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
Which team has the best bike you think?
At this stage they're all going to claim their bike is the best

Yamaha are very positive, not heard much from Honda/Suzuki
/Ducati.

Personally, I don't think it makes for good racing, when one bike is way ahead of the others. The closer they are the better, as far as I'm concerned, then it's down to rider skills/*****.

Old 02-14-2017, 05:11 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I think Iannone is going to be the sleeper this year. That Suzuki is coming together, and all of the focus is on JLo and the Duc (as far as development goes). I think he has the raw talent to be great and the bike is coming together. He had no incentive to play it cool after Argentina last year, so people think he's too reckless, but I think it had more to do with the situation in the garage than him being unable to keep it together.

Vinny is going to have a great year. I think Marky Marc will be there - but that Honda is still having major issues in the engine Dept. They don't seem to have done any better with the big bang, and despite Marc saying it's a little smoother, it's still hard to ride and hasn't translated to faster times. I think this means Pedro will struggle....

I have no idea about Rossi. It could go either way. I'm curious to see how well he and Maverick share a garage. I think that Vale'll look slow until Jerez, and he'll surprise some people.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
I'm curious to see how well he and Maverick share a garage. I think that Vale'll look slow until Jerez, and he'll surprise some people.
I think they'll be best friends, right up until Maveric starts taking points off Rossi

If Maveric gets between Marqez and Rossi, he'd better make sure Rossi is in the lead.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:55 PM

Fore sure - but let's not forget, the Spanish are very high on Vinny. He has not polarized that fan base like Marquez or JLo. He's like Pedrosa - only relevant...

I think Crutchlow will do well too.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:39 AM

Well, how about that first race? I wonder how long Zarco could have kept that pace up. Vinny was damn near perfect all weekend. I was kind of surprised by how far back JLo was.

Old 04-04-2017, 05:03 PM

Was great to see some new names up at the front.

Zarco was a revelation, he wasn't even on my radar! Would have been nice to see a battle between him and Vinales for the win.

Dovi handed JLo his *** Such a shame Ianone crashed out, would have been totally

The Mark Marquez show was getting really old, hoping this season will be very different.

Quick Reply: MotoGP 2017