Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

Hardest technique to master?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I'd say throttle control. The throttle is misleadingly simple: roll on, bike goes. Roll off, bike no go. But people don't realize the importance of being smooth on the throttle and how it affects the bike.

The smoother and more fine control a person has on the throttle, the more stable and greater control they have over the bike. A person with good throttle control can go faster, safer, than someone with poor throttle control.

Buy a s1000rr. Self cancelling turn signals need no reseting
Good point! I'd agree that throttle control is one of the hardest to master and it is interesting because it is such a critical skill. As you mentioned it not only controls how fast or slow you go but it has a huge affect on the bike, more than most people realize.

How does throttle control affect that bike? What else is throttle control responsible for?

Old 12-19-2013, 05:34 AM

i have everything mentioned here sportsbike wise down just cant bloody wheelie not on the clutch anyway tend to wimp out and back off.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:24 AM

RPM matching for downshifting. Can't get it perfect no matter how hard I try.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:36 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a fair weather rider , I just start getting everything together and smooth as the weather turns to crap again

Old 06-09-2016, 10:34 AM

For me it's keeping my upper body relaxed

Old 06-09-2016, 11:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its really hard not to squeeze the living crap out of the handle bars while on the track. Also consistent front braking while throttle blipping. Also shifting up or down while hanging off.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:24 AM

So what's the secret? It's even worse for me on the track and also bike with a really aggressive riding position

Old 06-10-2016, 02:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep telling myself, out loud, "relax dammit relax". Throttle blipping and braking= practice. As far as shifting, down shifting I do before I get in position to hang off. Upshift I can hang off and up shift. But I also have reverse shift pattern which I believe makes it easier.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:01 AM

I've found that taking long, slow deep breaths really helps you relax your whole body. Puts you into a nice groove

Old 07-04-2016, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ditch
I've found that taking long, slow deep breaths really helps you relax your whole body. Puts you into a nice groove
That is a grate point I also find that it helps to chew gum wile riding. It helps me to move my jaw and not tense it up, this allows rest of my body to relax. For me it all starts with clenching my jaw. Now im sure that someone on here will say that chewing or sucking on something while ridding is a terrible idea and could be a choking hazard during a crash/lay down situation but i'll take my chances.

And dose anyone know how tight to set the throttle cables on an f2 as far as free play in the handle? Im thinking that im set a little loose and think its affecting my throttle control during cornering and blips for shifting.

Quick Reply: Hardest technique to master?