Rides Pics of Members CBR1000F's

Picture thread of my barely used 1990

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gazz
It never ceases to amaze me even in Australia there are old bikes that get ridden half a block once a month to get a bottle of milk.
There are some real treasures out there. The 1975 water bottle that I have had travelled 2500 mile when I bought it and I've only put just under 500 mile on it since having it.
I bought both water bottles off the same guy and he thought he'd just buy the new model when the 1976 one came on the market so parked it in the shed.
When I was there, I noticed a number plate and it was "XB351" and in the shed under so much rubbish was this yellow ford gt hardtop.
His comment was" yeh a bloke was out a few months back and offered me $90k for it but I couldn't be bothered pulling everything out of the shed to get to it".
He is about 65 yrs old, single and still lives with mum and dad on the farm.
True story mate. I was gob smacked. He has a myriad of other bikes and cars that when he got bored with it, roll it in the shed and cover it with whatever and get mum and dad to buy him something else.
He's never been further than a couple of hours away from home, never been on a train or plane.
Mum and dad bought a heap of land and every few years they sell off a bit to developers and the money rolls in.

Wow....cool story Gazz. When you say "watter bottle", I'm assuming you're talking about the Suzuki 2 stroke, watercooled street bike? They are called "Water BUFFALO's" here in the states.....

Warner

Old 07-23-2016, 11:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes Mate
I have noticed they were called water buffalo's in the states but yes commonly known here as waterbottles, but both the Suzuki Gt750 three cylinder 2 stroke
Absolutely loveable bikes, they have a real feel of their own when riding one and a bike that once you like it you will love them.
A lot of bikes can I guess be said to ride the same just some better some worse but all pretty much are motorbikes. For some reason riding a waterbottle will get you hook line and sinker