Rides Pics of Members CBR1000F's

'87 CBR1000F - Keeping the fiery side up and the rubber side down

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it has been quite a while since the last update, and unfortunately it is still in a sorry state. Which is really unfortunate since the weather is getting better (double digit weather finally!) and I'm hearing motorcycles all around.

But this thread is worthless without pictures, I know. I did manage to finally get to the shift forks, and as expected, one was completely chewed up and worn down.

Name:  VmSFv6Il.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  17.7 KB
Name:  14TWvtzl.jpg
Size:  17.7 KB

The left shift fork was well below the service limit. The shift drum and other transmission parts still looked fine so I'm hoping this solves my shifting troubles.

I'm still working on the cylinder head, turns out the borescope my friend has was just a tad (0.9mm) too wide to fit through the spark plug hole, so the head has to come off. Too bad I'm plagued by overtightened nuts and bolts everywhere. Currently it is one of the four bolts which secures the sprocket to the camshaft which is giving me grief so I'll be coming back to that one.

Third and final update for today: turn signal relay. Turns out they don't handle fire as well as let's say, bricks.

Name:  smHzw7yl.jpg
Size:  26.6 KB

So this one is getting binned and a replacement is underway, going full led while I'm at it.

And that's all for now.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:10 AM

I'm sure you will fix it soon. Hang in there

Old 06-26-2016, 07:57 AM
Default How did it End?

Admiral ... I am a new member in 2016 and just found this thread. How did it all end? Did you finish the bike?