Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Two Brothers or Yoshimura???

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Brothers or Yoshimura???

Alright guys, I’ve been riding for a few months now and I want to make some noise. I have been looking at slip on exhausts for my 06 cbr 600rr. I've got a friend who has a yosh for his gsxr and it sounds ok (better than my stock exhaust anyway), but the guys at the bike shop suggested that I go with Two Brothers for better sound quality and what not. I wanted to get feedback from people with more experience than myself and see what the pro's/con's were. Not to mention that what ever I do decide to buy, I'm going to buy online since there's less markup than the local dealers in my area, and you can't try or hear something that you’re going to buy online before you buy it.Or if anyone in the Central Texas area knows of a good place to buy one?? Online they range from about $300 to $400 at the dealers I’ve shopped they run $450 to $550. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 12-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Default RE: Two Brothers or Yoshimura???

ORIGINAL: tmagness

Alright guys, I’ve been riding for a few months now and I want to make some noise. I have been looking at slip on exhausts for my 06 cbr 600rr. I've got a friend who has a yosh for his gsxr and it sounds ok (better than my stock exhaust anyway), but the guys at the bike shop suggested that I go with Two Brothers for better sound quality and what not. I wanted to get feedback from people with more experience than myself and see what the pro's/con's were. Not to mention that what ever I do decide to buy, I'm going to buy online since there's less markup than the local dealers in my area, and you can't try or hear something that you’re going to buy online before you buy it.Or if anyone in the Central Texas area knows of a good place to buy one?? Online they range from about $300 to $400 at the dealers I’ve shopped they run $450 to $550. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Actually...
http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/

Old 12-19-2006, 06:54 PM

Hmm, pretty cool site drag...the only downside is that the test was done in 2004, lol, alot has changed sense then. At least people can get an idea, etc. I personally have a Yosh RS-5 CF full race exhaust. I had Yosh pipes on my last 2 bikes, just love em. They sound great, look good, and so on. It's said that slip on's are susposed to have a louder sound than a full race, but you'll get more out of a full race than you would with just a slip on.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:08 PM

I'll get more out of a full exhaust in what way?? there's a huge price difference between a slip on and a full exhaust, if its only a couple of hp, personally that wouldn't mean that much to me

Old 03-11-2007, 07:07 AM

Here's a poll I began to see what other people think of slip-ons. It probably wont help you much because the two slip-ons you mention are winning in votes. I too am in predicament by not knowing which slip-on to choose. Akra, Jarding or Yoshi. Best of luck with your decision.
https://cbrforum.com/m_245435/tm.htm

Old 03-12-2007, 03:22 AM

I will post up a vid later on what my RS-5 Looks and sounds like on my RR

Old 03-19-2007, 01:40 AM

Although the sound might not be the best on that link, exhausts of a certain manufacturer will have a certain tone to it. I think Yosh pipes are best on suzukis, and best pipes for honda are Jardine, Hindle, Two Bros. I have a Two Brothers pipe, and i'm completely satisfied with the sound. But it all comes down to personally preference. I know people with D&D pipes, Yosh, and others, and my friend with the Two Bros just sounded bad ***, so I got one too.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:39 AM

i just threw the yosh rs-3 on my 02 f4i 2 weeks ago and just got to ride for the first time yesterday. this slip on is awesome in my opinion. paid under 300 for it and has nice deep sound. i also like how this co. installed a removable baffle into their muffler. take out the two allen head screws slip the smaller pipe out and presto your exaust has a major increase in sound and flow.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:20 PM

I have the Two Brothers as well, love it, but like said already its a personal preference, i bought mine for the design/looks on the bike, the carbon fiber fits the black/yellow real nice, plus i heard all the sound clips for the good exhausts online and thought the Two Bros sounded the best, so my decision was made easy lol

Old 02-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

yoshi ftw !

Quick Reply: Two Brothers or Yoshimura???