Jardine
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Honda CBR250R Repsol Limited Edition - Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 05:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Honda CBR250R Repsol Limited Edition - Exhaust

I am from Navi Mumbai, India and ordered Repsol Limited Edition CBR250R & will receive this bike by April,2015. After checking almost 200+ YouTube videos on aftermarket exhaust (Hindle, Two Brothers, Yoshimura, Akrapovic, Jardine, Abramo, Hyperlow, IXIL & other company exhausts) I am totally disappointed with the final outcome. I am not at all looking for loud exhaust since this kind of aftermarket exhaust sound I can get it very easily in the market instead of buying branded expensive exhaust. I am looking for a superbike type sound which we can found in CBR600RR or earlier (Before 2000 models CBR250R). You can click on this link the type of sound I am looking for:-
The above link is of CBR250RR but I am looking for that type of sound only to my CBR250R. Above all after going through infinite forums and threads by members I could not find my answers. Dear innovative riders just help me out in getting my wishful superbike exhaust sound. I am ready to invest another 45-70K (700 USD+) instead of investing the same amount on the current branded stupid sound. The problem in India especially with Honda is that they show products which will launch in the same year and launch after 2-3 years instead. Also the price tag of CBR600RR and higher models are double or triple which becomes difficult for everybody to buy. Honda should learn from Hyosung who launched every new vehicle as mentioned in Expo. I was looking to buy Cruiser initially i.e Hysoung GV250 followed by Harley Street 750 and then waited for budget cruiser like UM Renegade Commando and Keeway which have been delayed by 1.0 year now. My intention to take up cruiser is only due to 2/3 seats which means along with additional passenger, kid can also sit on the bike after few modification by increasing rider seat height and adding backrest with tailbag support. Since I drive 2000 model LML ADRENO (100CC) bike I always had comfortable riding sports bike ( Best for cornering at high speed without changing gear) instead of cruiser. Luck by chance I saw CBR250R on the roadside showroom and checked out the riding position. As soon as I sat on the bike I felt positive vibe and dropped idea of going with cruiser. The best part with CBR250R is I can comfortably take along my child and spouse in the pillion seat since all other sportbike have higher pillion seat which I find very awkward. Being a hardcore long drive rider ( I drove 1000 kms in a day many times) my personal experience told me to get this bike. I always had the passion to drive only those bikes which are rarely seen in public. After watching few MOTOGP videos I was thrilled with Repsol Limited Edition. In India Honda has stopped producing Repsol hence called up them and shown my interest and they informed me that after paying booking amount to the nearby dealer they might deliver the bike within 3-4 months but there is no guarantee. Fingers crossed looking ahead for my Repsol Limited Edition CBR250R.
You can also watch my 2 videos in YouTube by clicking on this link:- http://m.youtube.com/channel/UC8jh7Fhq9B8J28FCIAKowCw

Old 01-12-2015, 06:09 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Unfortunately, your bike will never sound like that. That is an I4, and you have a thumper, single cylinder. Thats why they sound different.

Welcome to CBRF, though. I hope you enjoy your new bike!

Last edited by Conrice; 01-12-2015 at 06:19 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:12 AM

Thanks for the realistic reply. Hope 1 day some day somebody make customised exhaust just like inline 4 cylinder for 250CC+ single cylinder since people buy superbike for the exhaust note only and not for the heavy cc bike...

Old 01-13-2015, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Milan Mohanty
Thanks for the realistic reply. Hope 1 day some day somebody make customised exhaust just like inline 4 cylinder for 250CC+ single cylinder since people buy superbike for the exhaust note only and not for the heavy cc bike...
The problem is, it's impossible to make an exhaust that will make your bike sound like that. Think of 4 people in a choir singing the same notes. It's going to sound differently than 1 person singing those same notes alone. It's physically impossible to get your 250r to sound that way. You'll always have the thump.