Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

New lid, what you think? Nexx XR2 Carbon

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New lid, what you think? Nexx XR2 Carbon

Well bought a new lid, it's lovely... fits like a dream! Tested it today in Wales (UK) and it was perfect, no pressure points, light... well happy with it. The Yanks came up trumps with this one!

Old 07-06-2014, 09:31 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good Pug, is it Pinlock ready?

Old 07-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Amazing finish. Looks really cool.
I've just looked on a retailer website and the price seems very reasonable too.
What's the interior like? Does it ventilate well?
It looks from you our photo as if there's a pin lock fitted so it seems to tick all the right boxes. Congrats on a fine purchase. It would be good to hear a bit more about it when you've had some decent riding time with it. I'd certainly consider one of these beautiful head cosies when my turn next comes for a new lid.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Cool

Cheers guys. Yeah Pinlock ready and even one in the box to go straight on as well with a light smoke tint on it.

Well, wore twice now, and I'll be honest, it's spot on. Comfy, very light at 1300g... good finish on it, additional pads if you require them on the interior.

Ventilation is very very good... two settings on the top of lid... which really does come over the top of your head in the lid... and the front one under the visor is good to. A real bonus is the way the visor closes... it comes down BUT leaves a slight gap... letting even more air in YET you can ride pretty darn quick without that much noise coming through. Interior wise, the construction seems to be solid, nice thick pads giving a close feel on the cheeks... if anyone wants any additional pictures, let me know.

All in, superb... for the money (£299 in UK and £33 for the dark visor)... it's a steal!

This is where I got mine from in the UK, they have all the colours and the vids so you can see it properly!