Off Topic Stickies A place for our most popular Off Topic threads.

#THE WEATHER THREAD#

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, sice you "asked"... Still oddly cold here for this time of the year, well below freezing. Night temps go to as low as -20c, and even at midday the highest is +-2c. All the lakes are firmly frozen, which can be a good thing for me cause I'm going snowkiting for the whole saturday, after that I say let it shine... It has promised to start to warm up next week but we'll see... All the weather people are baffled about why its still so cold, as you can see from my previous posts two weeks from now last year it was +10c at day...

Old 03-23-2013, 09:33 PM
November 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow
Geez Sixpack, you pop in every six months or so, then say close the thread.
Nope, others do like to see what's going on elsewhere.................
Thanks Shadow,much appreciate.!!!

Old 04-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The thread is sorta out of the line of fire now and doesn't see much traffic these days but I still like to know what the weather is like and who is still riding.

Here in upstate NY its April 12 and if I weren't traveling out for work I would go skiing. Sleet and freezing rain today. No bike action yet.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Finland, still snowy and cold. The spring is now officially a full month late, although it has promised it will start to warm up at the start of next week. The migrant birds have just started to fly in when normally most of them would already be here. The night temps have still been as low as -9c this week when I drive to work but the days are getting up to around +5c. No chance of riding for a long time cause the lakes are still mostly frozen and keep the temp down early in the morning...

Old 04-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

You guys and your snow....

Today in Southern California, it's hovering around 70F and a little breezy at times. This weekend, it's supposed to drop a few degrees. BRRRRRRRRR!

Old 07-23-2014, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's beautiful riding weather in Wisconsin today. Mid 70's and zero humidity. Don't know if anyone ever checks this thread anymore, but I thought I'd pop in and say I'm not dead! I sold my RR a few years back when my wife fell ill. She is handicapped now, and I sold it to pay some hospital bills. I think of all you guys now and then, and I miss this forum! I especially miss riding on days like today. I hope to buy another RR some day, but for now I have to be content to lurk around on here once every couple years. Peace out, and keep the contact patches on the road!

Old 07-24-2014, 03:04 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good to hear from you again Shadowfax.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
I'm sure there's another RR on the horison for you...........
Take care.

Weather here in Zululand is around 70F, sunny and beautiful riding weather. It's mid winter here but due to our sub-tropical climate we can ride year-round. Mid summer is too hot after 9AM when it can get up over 100F with humidity of 80%+..............not nice to be in leathers in that heat !

Old 07-25-2014, 06:52 AM

Shadowfax, there's no obligation to own a cbr for hanging out around here. Nice to see you're still coming back though.

Here ATM +31c, clear sky and light to no wind.

In other words: HOT!!! I'm sweating like a cheese (and smell the part too) even when sitting still. The AC machine and the floor fan are my best buddies ATM, summer vacation started today, when I get back home from picking up my new car after a few hours deffy gonna crack a can or two.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:15 AM

Some very strange stuff going on here... this here spot on the calendar is supposed to be the coldest of the whole years with temps dropping as low as -30c, -15-20c being completely normal.

It's 8:13am atm, second day in a row with clear sky, the gauge says +5 right now with a high of +8c yesterday. Mud slinging like crazy on the motorway and streams of water everywhere from the melting snow. At this rate I'll be riding by the end of March (yea that'll happen...)

Old 03-17-2015, 10:54 PM

We had a spectacular northern lights show here last night. Pic not taken by me but I did see it aswell although not in that splendour as it was nearing towards the end when I took the dog for a late night wee.

Last edited by Mattson; 03-17-2015 at 11:23 PM.

Quick Reply: #THE WEATHER THREAD#