Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Religious Tattoos??

Old 01-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Religious Tattoos??

OK I know religion is a touching thing but I want to get some sort of religious tattoo with some religious saying within it. Any idea's or does anyone have something similar? Pics welcomed.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Default RE: Religious Tattoos??

While I personally don't consider it a religious piece, I have a large(and mostly unfinished) tatoo on my back that depicts two Cherub-like beings swirling aroundthe upper portion of a skeletion wearing adress coat.

Everyone asks what the meaning of itis and I ask what's it meanto them.

The responses are very interesting.

What your motive for this? Is it your first one?

Old 01-17-2008, 11:56 PM

It will be my first one and I'd like it to have some meaning to it. Everything I've thought of has always come back to my family and God so I just want something that will remind me of them but really don't have any clue what to get. I really don't want to regret getting something since this one will be fairly large.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:22 AM

I have a tattoo on my right shoulder of my family's coat of arms with the family name in a ribbon across the shield.
Theres a couple tattoo threads on here, I'd search for that and see what everybody else has, see if it doesn't inspire you. That, and I'm too lazy to link a picture of mine and I know its in another thread somewhere...

Old 01-18-2008, 12:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Triax

I really don't want to regret getting something since this one will be fairly large.
Be careful on the size for your first one as you have no idea if your pain tolerance is up to snuff.

Some people are fine for the firstfew minutes or so until their threshold is reached.

Large tats will wear you down especially if you plan to do it one sitting. Try going for something small-ish and see about being able to incorporate that into the one you aredescribing here.

Just be 100% sure you decide on something you're going to be happy with. If you have any doubts, stop!

Just be forewarned, across the spine is a very sensitive place as is down the sides of your rib cage....like nothing you've ever felt....trust me.

What I do when I'm thinking about new ink is just let the image find me.

Look for inspiration as you stroll around in public. Bring a camera everywhere so you can capture the theme you might be considering.

You mentioned a religious theme...maybe go to a few churches and see if there's something in the stained glass or in the architectureor perhaps in a statue.

I wouldn't go through pages of books because you risk becoming frustrated and just deciding on something for instant gratification.

Sorry about the rambling, but I'm just trying to help you find what you might be looking for using other methods.

Man...I think I'm gonna get mine finished this weekend....all this talk has me in the mood!

Old 01-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heres mine

[IMG]local://upfiles/12994/F68A64CB7D4040C0A67A15BA460DFD59.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12994/5458DB02CBF24F569F9A3C3EC87374D6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-18-2008, 07:07 AM

I have a tribal Jesus picture that is pretty cool. let me know if your interested and I will try to send a picture.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:21 AM

Like has already been said, make sure you are up to a big tattoo. Some hurt more than others, but none feel good. The outer arms just feel like a burn as they are being applied, but the spineand ribs are awful. Even worse is the kneecap, and the inside of the knee made me want to cry--I have NEVER felt pain like that before or since, not even when I shattered my arm in amotorcycle v/s deer accident. Make sure the image is something you can live with until you die, because that's how long it's gonna be there...removal is even more painful than application, I've seen it and I know I don't ever want to go through with it. As far as the image, what makes you feel good? You said you want a religious image--is there a stained glass window in your church that you love? Take a picture. A Madonna and child? Doves with an olive branch? Sacred Hearts are fairly common in the tattoo community, you can always get one of those custom made for you without any trouble. Take something in to your local artist, they LOVE drawing custom work and would rather do that than "flash" any day. As far as picking your artist--spend the money! A good tattoo isn't cheap, a cheap tattoo is never good...again, this will be with you until you die, spend a little bit more and be happy with it. Me, I've got a bunch, only a couple are quasi-religious. I've got some Buddhist imagery on my leg, and I'm getting a modified Sacred Heart w/ wings across thetop half of my back as we speak--I'm an unapologeticheathen, but something about that image has always made me feel good...I dunno why. I'll get you a pic when I've got help--kinda hard to take a pic of your own back.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:28 AM

no offense homie, but if you dont know what you want for a tat then you prolly shouldnt get one. if your looking for some ideas about a religous tat, look in the bible or quran or whatever you need to and look for something for you. taking something somebody else has and making it your own isnt a good idea cause in a couple years your gonna be like "Im an idiot" when explaining the meaning behind it. just me .02.

enough with the lecturing lol. i do have a cross on my back left sholder, then on my front right chest i have Rev 3:15-16 written backwards so i can only read it when im lookin at it in the mirror. Also have another saying above it in latin written backwards. Below it i have a lil cross, the cross of the archangels. also next to that i have the symbol for "only God can judge me". besides the religious tats i have a skull with a joker's cap on it on my right arm that is pretty big. on my back right shoulder i have two dragons that are looking like they are going after each other's tails, almost in a circle, colored opposite colors and a yin yang in the middle. after i get my tax return ima get my next tat before i use the rest of my money to help pay off my outrageous credit card statement lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Religious Tattoos??