Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I can legally buy alcohol

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 03:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can legally buy alcohol

So...today is my bday. I wouldn't normally post about stupid stuff like that, but I'm 21 now! I can legally go out and buy alcohol, w00t. I've never drank before in my life, beyond a sip of wine about a month ago to see what it tasted like. Some friends want to take me out, I'm not going to get trashed, I think that's retarded, just a personal thing but I may drink some...recommendations for 1st timers? I may not even like it, so who knows. The whole reason I haven't drunk yet is because alcoholism runs in the family and I don't wanna get hooked. But a drink or so should be ok.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I can legally buy alcohol

what the......................i throught you were over 21. well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ***** ****a! honestly, if you want to stay alcohol free b/c it runs in the fam and you dont want that habit, then dont bother........even a drink. my g/f is the same way.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:19 AM

Oh trust me, I won't pick up drinks and take them home, I would only drink if going out with friends, maybe 1 drink or so. But maybe you're right, I've gone this long, why do it now

Old 11-03-2008, 04:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy birthday day comaro, 18 is the legal age over here, it took me till I was in my mid 20's before I had my 1st hangover, not from want of trying mind. Now I just enjoy the odd ale or two.
Although I'm going to be getting a home brew of ginger beer going soon fer Christmas.
Just be good & if you can't be good, be careful. cheers

Old 11-03-2008, 05:07 AM

I've had a problem with my drinking near the beginning of this year. If you do start just don't get caught up with it, just try to stay in control. Luckily I don't really have any regrets about my past drinking other than the fact that I honestly had become an alcoholic for a while so if you don't want it don't feel forced to just because of your age. Happy B-day dude.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<- sober and happy

Old 11-03-2008, 05:50 AM
Banned

Happy Birthday!

Some friends want to take me out, I'm not going to get trashed, I think that's retarded
Getting drunk is fun, but all the problems that go along with it suck. Make sure you have a VERY sober driver, even if it is you.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:17 AM

Nothing wrong with a few drinks once in a while. If you find yourself reaching for the crap every day, realize you got a problem.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Happy Birthday man

Quick Reply: I can legally buy alcohol